Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / FPSC-2-AGK - Free Download

Author
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2016 22:05
Hey All,

After several years TGC have finished selling FPSC-2-AGK. I'm very grateful to both TGC and all those who supported me by purchasing it.

I have no plans to develop this application any further so I feel now would be a great time to give it to the community for free.

I will not be offering any support for the application but I hope it will help some of you make some great games.

The application can be downloaded from here:
http://veloxstudios.co.uk/FPSC2AGK3D/FPSC2AGK3Dv1.01.zip

Please make sure you are using the latest update for FPSC to ensure levels convert right.

Enjoy! And I hope to bring some news of a brand new and exciting tool for AppGameKit within the next few months
Corno_1
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks. Maybe I found a use for it.

Quote: "And I hope to bring some news of a brand new and exciting tool for AppGameKit within the next few months"

I will wait
PredicateC - FPSC to GameGuru FPE converter
https://forum.game-guru.com/thread/211068
Wizzkid
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2016 22:27
It's going to be quite a different tool than FPSC-2-AGK, mainly focusing on 2d games. But I think it will be useful
CJB
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2016 08:18
Quote: "Please make sure you are using the latest update for FPSC to ensure levels convert right."
I bought FPSC-2-AGK and could never get it to work on anything other than V1 of FPSC. If I tried to update FPSC then FPSC-2-AGK failed. I quickly gave up with it, but glad I helped support the project. I wish I had got it working with later versions of FPSC as they looked quite functional and allowed use of all the updated design packs. Would have been good to get those levels into AGK.
V2 T1 (Mostly)
Phone Tap!
Uzmadesign
DARKHALO2K
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2016 11:47
Thanks, Wizzkid. I appreciate your generosity and look forward to your next product.
Zigi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2016 14:09 Edited at: 21st Feb 2016 14:13
Wow, I was about to open a topic to ask if I could still buy it somehow. What a surprise!
This is a great piece of tool, thanks for share it for free

I'm shamed to ask, and I don't want to seem ungrateful but I need to ask.
Since you decided to stop supporting it and share it for free, would you share the source code of the converter?
By having access to the source code it could be supported by the community.
Ched80
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2016 15:07
Cheers for this. I'm tempted to start an FPS for my next project now
Wizzkid
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2016 15:54
@CJB I'm sorry to hear it did not work for you, I know some people had issues with certain versions of FPSC due to the structure of the maps changing. I believe FPSC V1.18 should work best. Perhaps that may get it working.

@Zigi, no harm in asking, if you don't ask you don't get . Yeah I will try and put it up on GitHub when I get a chance. Though the code for it probably isn't too pretty as it was originally intended to be just a tool for myself.
CJB
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2016 19:46
Quote: "Though the code for it probably isn't too pretty as it was originally intended to be just a tool for myself."

Did you ever manage to get any titles out using this? It would be great to see what it is capable of!
V2 T1 (Mostly)
Phone Tap!
Uzmadesign
Wizzkid
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2016 22:49
Unfortunately I didn't. I wrote some technical demos mainly, quite a few years ago, but don't think I still have any of them around. I think with AGK's recent 3D enhancements it could be used to make some pretty good games, and perhaps if i get some free time in the near future I might start working on a game again.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 11:00:49
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 11:00:49