Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / AGK Version 2.0.17

Author
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2016 14:56 Edited at: 25th Feb 2016 15:20
I've uploaded version 2.0.17 to the downloads are with the following changes

Unfortunately Windows and Mac export did not make it into this version, but I'll try and get it in the next version.

The biggest new changes are the terrain, fog, and skybox commands, there is a new sample project showing how they work. There is also now support for Amazon Ads on iOS and Android, and the ability to schedule local notifications on iOS and Android.

Please note that if you are using Tier 2 then the iOS and Android template projects need some changes to be compatible with the new Tier 2 libs, so if you have made copies of these projects you will need to update your copies with the necessary changes. Specifically the Android template now references three AppGameKit libs instead of one in its Android.mk file, and has new functions in AGKHelper.java for Amazon Ads and Local Notifications, it also has a new file NotificationAlarmReceiver.java and a new library amazon-ads-5.6.20.jar. The iOS template has removed the armv7s architecture in its build settings and needs to link against the AmazonAd.framework file found in the platform/apple/Source/Social Plugins folder.

Known issues
Mobiius
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2016 15:17
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2016 15:22
New toys
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur
TutCity is being rebuilt
JohnnyMeek
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2016 15:44
Did the fix for Android IAP limit of 15 get fixed in this build?
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2016 15:48
Quote: "Did the fix for Android IAP limit of 15 get fixed in this build?"

I increased the limit check that I missed last time, but I couldn't replicate the crash you mentioned so I don't know if there is something else going on there.
JohnnyMeek
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2016 15:50
I'll test with this version and let you know.
Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2016 16:04
Looking good

What's coming next?
Sh4d0xx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2016 16:22

Thank you for this update.

I almost gave up on AGK.

This is very encouraging.

No sleep tonight.
isgltd (2014)
pprem
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2016 17:55
yeah ! I can resubmit my apps to Mac AppStore

thanks
--
Patrick P.
http://www.developpeur-agk.fr/
Cor
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2016 17:59
Very nice!!!! time to turn my 2d game into a 3d one now!
Blendman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2016 18:41
Another amazing AppGameKit version !!

Thank you very much, Paul, for all the new features and bugs fixes, fog, skybox, terrain, anti-aliasing, alphamask, transparency mode fixed, optimisations, this version is great !
AGK2 tier1 - http://www.dracaena-studio.com
ThrOtherJoJo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2016 21:02
Yes! Many Thanks!
Prove Your Worthiness
KG2Entertainment.com
Crazy Programmer
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2016 21:40
Thanks Paul
Download My Games for Android. Made with AGK.
Jellyfish Dive- https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.CrazyProgrammerProductions.my_JellyFishSwim
Brick Destroyer - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.CrazyProgrammerProductions.my_BrickDestroyer
Ping Bong - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.CrazyProgrammerProductions.my_Pong_Ping_Bong
ShaunRW
DBPro Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2016 00:01
Quote: "- Added the ability to assign array values at any time using [1,2,3,4]"

Awesome! Thanks Paul.

I'm not sure if this is intended or a bug, but the new method does not resize arrays if the new size is smaller.

Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2016 01:16
Quote: "I'm not sure if this is intended or a bug, but the new method does not resize arrays if the new size is smaller"

Not a bug, but I think it makes more sense to shrink the array if you assign it less values. I'll change it for the next version.
Hughbus
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Would I be right in thinking there needs to be an update to the iOS player on the app store for broadcasts to work with the new version?
Scary Little Rabbit
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2016 06:01
Linux archive extracting:
Quote: "Sub items Errors: 3479"

when will be next version? there's some bug reports in the forum.
error #1:
'too many stars, too many stares. disembody.'
WIP: MIND!! free fonts for your AGKs
xCept
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2016 06:32 Edited at: 25th Feb 2016 06:33
Quote: "- Added Chartboost functionality to Amazon APK export option
- Added SetAmazonAdDetails command to use Amazon Ads
- Added ShowFullscreenAdvertAdMob, ShowFullscreenAdvertChartboost, and ShowFullscreenAdvertAmazon commands to manually choose which provider to use
- Added GetFullscreenAdvertLoadedAdMob, GetFullscreenAdvertLoadedChartboost, and GetFullscreenAdvertLoadedAmazon to check advert availability
- CreateFullscreenAdvert is deprecated in favour of the above commands"

Very pleased to see some additional ad commands, thanks for all your work Paul!

Question: Do you know if the Amazon ads will refresh automatically after so many seconds like Admob? The last time I manually integrated Amazon ads into an app (two years ago), they did not have any automatic refresh so the app itself had to perform a manual ad refresh at set intervals to call new impressions. I haven't kept up with their ad SDK.

Suggestion: If we could still get at least LEADERBOARD (728x90) and SMART_BANNER (Screen width x 32|50|90) sizes for Admob to complement the existing 320x50 banner size, plus an implementation of the Rewarded Video capabilities for Chartboost, AppGameKit would be excellent for ad-based revenue.

I have brought this up about ads a few times recently as I'm seeing a growing trend of games to be 100% ad-based instead of IAP or paid content. The latest extremely popular example is Color Switch, which is around #1 in free apps on Google Play and iTunes. It has 10-50 million downloads on Google and probably even more on iTunes!
ThrOtherJoJo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2016 07:52
To show all leadersboards, do we just list all the leadersboards one after the other since there is no ShowAllLeaderBoard command?
Prove Your Worthiness
KG2Entertainment.com
Cybermind
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2016 09:03
Will RPi2 be supported at some point?
13/0
xCept
Years of Service
User Offline
To add another request, I still don't think AppGameKit allows us to get the Screen DPI / pixel density to any extent? Without it, I'm not sure of a great way to determine what assets to load and/or how to scale them (especially when using virtual resolutions as I prefer). I have added this at least for Android as a sort of patch to the player for Tier 1 and Tier 2 in the past, but really would be nice built-in (i.e., GetScreenDPI())

For Android, review DisplayMetrics():

Quote: " DisplayMetrics metrics = new DisplayMetrics();
getWindowManager().getDefaultDisplay().getMetrics(metrics);"

For iOS, I think you could either have a plist of all known DPIs based on device ID since there are not a huge amount of Apple products, and query that as described here, or just check media for @2x / @3x in conjunction with [[UIScreen mainScreen] scale] to load in the proper asset on-the-fly.
hakimfullmetal
Years of Service
User Offline
Praise the lawd
Survey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2016 10:43
Quote: "If you apply 2 textures to a mesh or object at texture stages 0 and 1 then this will cause a shader error, you will need to use a custom shader to work around this."

We are amateur programmers could you not help with a shader?
Would like to make AppGameKit look fit for 2016 with at least light mapped static shadows.

Asus T100. Win 8.1 CPU Z3775. AppGameKit V2 2.0.16
HD Graphics (Bay Trail)
Mobiius
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2016 11:46
Quote: "We are amateur programmers could you not help with a shader? "

That's what the shader thread is for.
Rickynzx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2016 11:48
Thanks Paul, cant wait to play around with the new commands.
Rickynzx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2016 12:52
Where are the sample projects found? I cant seem to find them anywhere on my computer.
CodeMonkey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2016 13:25
Is there any way of rolling back to the previous version? Steam automatically updated AGK.

Love the news of the new features but I'm not ready to update yet!
Sph!nx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2016 14:29
Ah, thanks guys! New features to play around with. Will update ASAP!

@ CodeMonkey: Use the non-steam version!
Regards Sph!nx
CodeMonkey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2016 14:45
@Sph!nx: Thanks for the tip Really should've checked the downloads rather than assume 2.0.16 wasn't available there
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2016 14:46 Edited at: 25th Feb 2016 14:49
Quote: "Would I be right in thinking there needs to be an update to the iOS player on the app store for broadcasts to work with the new version?"

If you want to use the new commands then yes, the player is currently awaiting review by Apple. If you just want to use the commands that were available in 2.0.16 then the old player will work with 2.0.17

Quote: "Linux archive extracting:
Quote: "Sub items Errors: 3479"
"

Works here, maybe the download was corrupted?

Quote: "Do you know if the Amazon ads will refresh automatically after so many seconds like Admob?"

It is a fullscreen ad so it doesn't refresh

Quote: " If we could still get at least LEADERBOARD (728x90) and SMART_BANNER (Screen width x 32|50|90) sizes for Admob to complement the existing 320x50 banner size, plus an implementation of the Rewarded Video capabilities for Chartboost, AppGameKit would be excellent for ad-based revenue."

We've been seeing a move away from banner ads towards interstitial ads so those are our priority at the moment, they also seem to perform better than banner ads. I had a look at reward videos but I couldn't see how the reward side works, unless you use the callback method to contact a server to increase a purchasable coin based system, which only a small portion of our users would use. There didn't seem to be any clear documentation on how you could reward the user locally.

Quote: "To show all leadersboards, do we just list all the leadersboards one after the other since there is no ShowAllLeaderBoard command?"

Try an empty string as the boardID, I think this works on iOS but I'm not sure on Android.

Quote: "Will RPi2 be supported at some point?"

Maybe

Quote: "To add another request, I still don't think AppGameKit allows us to get the Screen DPI / pixel density to any extent?"

Easy enough for Android, but as you pointed out iOS is a mess to deal with and will require constant attention to keep it up to date. I'll have a think about it.

Quote: "Would like to make AppGameKit look fit for 2016 with at least light mapped static shadows."

SetObjectLightMap will work, it is only if you apply a second texture and the internal shader doesn't know what to do with it that it will cause an error.

Quote: "Where are the sample projects found? I cant seem to find them anywhere on my computer."

By default they are in the installation directory, but usually this is write protected so is not a good place to work, use the Tools->Install Additional Files dialog to move them somewhere more convenient.

Quote: "Is there any way of rolling back to the previous version? Steam automatically updated AGK. "

Right click on the AppGameKit product in Steam and choose properties, then in the betas tab you can select a previous version.
Mobiius
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2016 16:20
Is the terrain deformable in realtime? I've not had a chance to check out the awesome new commands yet?
MucMac
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2016 16:27
Thanks for the terrain and 3d fog!!! i have to play with this now
--
Mac
Lead Programmer (Tier 1, AGK2) - MacOSX - want to go 3D with agk2!
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2016 16:33
Quote: "Is the terrain deformable in realtime? I've not had a chance to check out the awesome new commands yet?"

There are no direct commands to do this, but you can create a memblock from one of the terrain meshes and modify it, then update the mesh from the memblock.
Harlequin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2016 21:41
Thanks for the all the wonderful new 3D features over the last few months.. great work!

Also I can confirm the Linux version does extract and work correctly at least on Centos 7
It\'s late, I\'m tired, out of coffee and now I\'m wet.
Scary Little Rabbit
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2016 21:56
Paul Johnston wrote: "Works here, maybe the download was corrupted?"

oh, you're right. thanks!
Quote: "Everything is Ok

Folders: 1160
Files: 6466"

but what about those bugs? and is it still preferably to post it separately? I (we all?) don't see your comments in the threads so I (we) even don't know if you've aware of it.
error #1:
'too many stars, too many stares. disembody.'
WIP: MIND!! free fonts for your AGKs
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2016 15:16
Quote: "what about those bugs? and is it still preferably to post it separately?"

Yes, it makes it easier to ask for more information and for others to confirm the bug. I reply to as many as I can, but things that will improve the report are if more than one person is experiencing the bug, and if there is some sample code I can use to test it.
Wilf
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2016 17:00 Edited at: 28th Feb 2016 13:19
Paul, I'm still getting a crash in b2PolygonShape when compiling on Mac. PC works fine.
AGK 217 crash log:

Edit - worked around that one by setting the sprite offset after SetPhysicsOn, but now its crashing after a few moments of gameplay. Again, Mac only:

ThrOtherJoJo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2016 18:44 Edited at: 27th Feb 2016 21:31
Paul,
There is an issue with trying to login to Amazon's Game Circle. I'm having a problem with the api key. I have the api_key.txt file downloaded from amazon portal and placed in the assets folder and set in the manifest file.

Here is the logcat info:
Quote: "
02-27 10:40:50.592 4445-4464/? I/com.amazon.identity.auth.device.appid.AbstractAppIdentifier: getAppInfo : packageName=com.KG2Entertainment.WhileYouAreWaiting
02-27 10:40:50.592 4445-4464/? I/com.amazon.identity.auth.device.appid.AbstractAppIdentifier: Finding API Key for com.KG2Entertainment.WhileYouAreWaiting
02-27 10:40:50.594 4445-4464/? I/com.amazon.identity.auth.device.utils.ThirdPartyResourceParser: Attempting to parse API Key from assets directory
02-27 10:40:50.596 4445-4464/? I/com.amazon.identity.auth.device.appid.APIKeyDecoder: Begin decoding API Key for packageName=com.KG2Entertainment.WhileYouAreWaiting
02-27 10:40:50.608 4445-4464/? D/com.amazon.identity.auth.device.appid.APIKeyDecoder.PII: APIKey:<obscured>
02-27 10:40:50.609 4445-4464/? I/com.amazon.identity.auth.device.appid.APIKeyDecoder: num sigs = 1
02-27 10:40:50.610 4445-4464/? D/com.amazon.identity.auth.device.appid.APIKeyDecoder.PII: Signature checking.:<obscured>
02-27 10:40:50.611 4445-4464/? D/com.amazon.identity.auth.device.appid.APIKeyDecoder.PII: Fingerpirint checking:<obscured>
02-27 10:40:50.617 4445-4464/? W/com.amazon.identity.auth.device.appid.APIKeyDecoder: Failed to decode: Decoding fails: certificate fingerprint can't be verified!
java.lang.SecurityException: Decoding fails: certificate fingerprint can't be verified!
at com.amazon.identity.auth.device.appid.APIKeyDecoder.verifyPayload(APIKeyDecoder.java:332)
at com.amazon.identity.auth.device.appid.APIKeyDecoder.doDecode(APIKeyDecoder.java:127)
at com.amazon.identity.auth.device.appid.APIKeyDecoder.decode(APIKeyDecoder.java:91)
at com.amazon.identity.auth.device.appid.AbstractAppIdentifier.getAppInfo(AbstractAppIdentifier.java:85)
at com.amazon.identity.auth.device.authorization.api.AmazonAuthorizationManager.<init>(AmazonAuthorizationManager.java:123)
at com.amazon.ags.api.AmazonGamesClient.initialize(AmazonGamesClient.java:144)
at com.thegamecreators.agk_player.AGKHelper.GameCenterLogin(AGKHelper.java:1215)
02-27 10:40:50.619 4445-4464/? E/GameCircleClient: Unable to read api key. GameCircle requires an api key to be included in 'assets/api_key.txt'. GameCircle will not initialize.
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Invalid API Key
at com.amazon.identity.auth.device.authorization.api.AmazonAuthorizationManager.<init>(AmazonAuthorizationManager.java:126)
at com.amazon.ags.api.AmazonGamesClient.initialize(AmazonGamesClient.java:144)
at com.thegamecreators.agk_player.AGKHelper.GameCenterLogin(AGKHelper.java:1215)
02-27 10:40:50.961 449-857/? I/ActivityManager: Killing 4373:com.amazon.sync.service/u0a22109 (adj 12): empty #13
"
Prove Your Worthiness
KG2Entertainment.com
Crazy Programmer
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2016 02:57
Tier2 version 2.16 vs 2015 template compiles just fine but when compiling the vs 2015 version 2.17 template I get this error.

LNK1112 module machine type 'x64' conflicts with target machine type 'x86' and won't run
Download My Games for Android. Made with AGK.
Jellyfish Dive- https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.CrazyProgrammerProductions.my_JellyFishSwim
Brick Destroyer - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.CrazyProgrammerProductions.my_BrickDestroyer
Ping Bong - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.CrazyProgrammerProductions.my_Pong_Ping_Bong
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2016 21:54
Quote: "I'm still getting a crash in b2PolygonShape when compiling on Mac"

That should only happen if the area of the polygon is 0, how are you creating the polygon shape?

Quote: "There is an issue with trying to login to Amazon's Game Circle. I'm having a problem with the api key. I have the api_key.txt file downloaded from amazon portal and placed in the assets folder and set in the manifest file."

You do not need the api_key.txt file, putting it in the manifest is enough. The error says the key is invalid, double check that the signature you used to generate the key is the same as the signature of the keystore you used to generate the APK.

Quote: "LNK1112 module machine type 'x64' conflicts with target machine type 'x86' and won't run"

It look like VS2015 tries to use the x64 configuration by default if present, I'll remove it for the next version so this doesn't happen. To fix it change x64 to Win32 in the drop down menu near the top of the IDE.
xCept
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Feb 2016 20:03 Edited at: 29th Feb 2016 20:05
Quote: "- Added SetAmazonAdDetails command to use Amazon Ads
- Added ShowFullscreenAdvertAdMob, ShowFullscreenAdvertChartboost, and ShowFullscreenAdvertAmazon commands to manually choose which provider to use
- Added GetFullscreenAdvertLoadedAdMob, GetFullscreenAdvertLoadedChartboost, and GetFullscreenAdvertLoadedAmazon to check advert availability"

On the subject of Amazon, the next logical step for AppGameKit should be to provide support for Amazon IAP so that we are not constrained to just fully free or paid apps on that market.
Fawaka
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey coders....

Why can't i run any samples or my own code since the update to 2.0.17? See screenshot.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2016 14:51
There is a discussion regarding this on the Steam forums...

http://steamcommunity.com/app/325180/discussions/0/405692758717774423/
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur
TutCity is being rebuilt
xCept
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2016 07:59 Edited at: 2nd Mar 2016 08:05
@Paul,

Do you know why Admob interstitials sometimes refuse to show on iPhone devices, even when an ad shows as loaded via GetFullscreenAdvertLoadedAdMob()? I haven't experienced this on tablets, but it seems calling it on my iPhone 6+ will often not show an ad, while sometimes it does appear. I think it's related to different formats of interstitials--do the Admob monetization settings for type: (Text/Image/Video) impact interstitials and are some of those formats not compatible with AppGameKit?
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2016 15:20
If GetFullscreenAdvertLoadedAdMob returns 1 then AppGameKit will call [GADInterstitial presentFromRootViewController:UIViewController] without question when ShowFullscreenAdvertAdMob is called, so I'm not sure why it would fail to display. I'll try updating the AdMob SDK and see if that changes anything.
Wilf
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2016 02:25
Quote: "That should only happen if the area of the polygon is 0, how are you creating the polygon shape?"

By using SetSpriteShape after the sprite has been cloned from a previously loaded sprite. Then I setSpritePhysicsOn that sprite.
xCept
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2016 23:49 Edited at: 4th Mar 2016 01:02
Edit: Nevermind, I believe this was my own error due to how I was tracking when an ad had been shown and never resetting it.

@Paul, on the subject of ads and interstitials--calling any of the ShowFullScreenAdvert commands (i.e., ShowFullSCreenAdvertAmazon()) only seems to work a single time in an app even when calling it manually minutes after it was called before. I have found these same results on all test devices including a Kindle HDX, Touch Pad, HTC phone and iPhone. Does AppGameKit fix how frequently interstitials can be called, if so what is that interval?
xCept
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2016 02:57 Edited at: 4th Mar 2016 03:17
@Paul,

When attempting to run an exported APK (via Tier 1 IDE) on some devices, the app will not launch and instead crashes with the error:

Error: Failed to open file for writing /Avenir.png

I believe this is in relation to the internal assets AppGameKit generates (font etc.) but why would it be crashing? I do not alter the write path in the app and do not use any of the AppGameKit assets in the product. This error occurs at least on an HTC One. If anything the generating of assets should fail silently.

Even just compiling a new APK from blank template throws these errors. Also with joystickOuter.png and presumably all others.

Edit: It appears we NEED to have "Write External Storage" checked in Permissions for the device to not crash, just for these random AppGameKit media files that aren't even used in presumably most apps (at least not in any of mine). When I re-exported with this permission set, the test app launched. This should definitely not be a required permission for games and apps that need not write to the external storage folder just due to the AppGameKit interpreter. Please check into this.
Mobiius
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2016 12:48
Quote: " It appears we NEED to have "Write External Storage""

Include the files yourself, they can be 1 pixel in size, but if they exist your program won't crash.
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2016 15:20
Quote: "By using SetSpriteShape after the sprite has been cloned from a previously loaded sprite. Then I setSpritePhysicsOn that sprite."

works here

Quote: "It appears we NEED to have "Write External Storage" checked in Permissions for the device to not crash"

If for some reason AppGameKit can't find the app data folder it will fall back to the sdcard to store writable files. I believe this was a problem with Android 2.3.3, I haven't seen it happen on more recent devices.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 04:59:15
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 04:59:15