Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / How To Setup Models for use with 3D Physics Rag Doll

Author
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Badges, I don't need no stinkin badges
Posted: 2nd Mar 2016 00:34
Now that AppGameKit can load models with more than 40 bones correctly users will want to give them a 3D physics rag doll.
In order for the models to work correctly with the rag doll physics the models must have their joints rotations zeroed
in the default pose / first frame of animation. I made these videos for the Game Guru community to help them
correct their character models for use with Game Guru's rag doll physics. Since Game Guru and AppGameKit have the same
ragdoll physics the same instructions will work. The software I am using is Fragmotion, there is a link in the videos
description. I assisted the author in debugging and fixing the DirectX exporter for use with DBPro and the .x files
also work with AGK. I can answer any questions about setting up your models and coding the ragdoll physics.

This video shows how to zero the joints rotations.

This video shows how to fix problems with the animation after zeroing the joints.

This video shows how to remove bones from a model with out destroying the hierarchy.

The coffee is lovely dark and deep,and I have code to write before I sleep.
Mobiius
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2016 11:19
Useful, I'll check them out later!
Mobiius
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2016 20:15 Edited at: 4th Mar 2016 20:16
Hey, I finally watched the videos (Thank you very much!) and noticed you loaded a mixamo fuse object in one of them. When I try and open a fuse exported object in fragmotion, I don't appear to get the bones, therefore no animations. (But the hierarchy is there?)

Do I need to export my fuse objects in another format? (Currently the're in DAE format)
Also, the textures aren't applied to the model, it just appears gray in colour, but the textures show in the texture tab?!?

I'm (semi) used to blender so I don't know what I'm doing in fragmotion!
Stab in the Dark software
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Badges, I don't need no stinkin badges
Posted: 5th Mar 2016 00:21
I have not tested loading .dae from Mixamo but I have loaded .fbx from mixamo which loads with the animations.
You can adjust the materials diffuse color to change it from grey. If you click on the texture you can change the path to point to
the texture file then it will appear on the model.

I have had trouble loading some .fbx files from other sources but you can convert them to .dae with this program
which will then load in Fragmotion. This converter will also convert to .obj and .3ds but with out animation or bones.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/pc/item?siteID=123112&id=22694909

Just remember that even if you fix the file path for textures for the model in Fragmotion they will not appear when you load in AGK.
You have to load the texture and set it to the object in AGK. I convert all my textures to .png and reduce them with this link.

https://tinypng.com/
The coffee is lovely dark and deep,and I have code to write before I sleep.
Mobiius
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Mar 2016 00:38
Yo, I got the texture issue fixed, many thanks!

I'll try downloading my Mixamo objects in FBX format to test. As long as I can get my objects animated correctly for AppGameKit I'll be happy!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 14:21:04
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 14:21:04