Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit/AppGameKit Studio Showcase / GameGuru Loader 4 AGK2.

Author
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Apr 2017 11:28 Edited at: 25th Apr 2017 11:28
I'm not getting a \ggloader\media\gameguru\vegmask_result.png when I convert my level
Here's what I get:

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Preben
AGK Studio Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
That is strange , could you try to email me the .fpm file so i can try it , plemsoft@plemsoft.com
best regards Preben Eriksen,
CJB
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Apr 2017 21:29
Thanks Preben. File is on its way.

Preben
AGK Studio Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
CJB fixed the missing terrain texture problem by checking "Convert DDS ..." option in the GUI , if anyone else has a similar problem

WIP: New water for the next update:

You can define how mush transparency you like to use:

Feedback / Ideas / Suggestions, welcome

Attachments

hoyoyo80
Years of Service
User Offline
I wish i can use GG Waypoint in AGK2, cause i never code a waypoint system before. Haahah..BTW nice update
Preben
AGK Studio Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2017 14:45 Edited at: 4th May 2017 15:22
New GameGuru Loader version 1.32, going out today.

daily3D.com: updated , just login and download.
TGC accounts: update ready, release Friday 5th.
Steam: update ready, release Friday 5th.

ggloader132.zip
GGLoaderGUI111.zip

GUI 1.11:

Include bug fixes.

A new status bar to show progress.

Run faster, and remember you can now use skip “copy/convert if already exist”, so if you get a new DLC / Media its mush mush faster now, huge thanks to Sascha

GameGuru Loader 1.32:

Bug fixes.

Added: TPP camera support.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iv3rcmJIo64

Added: Support for multiply GameGuru levels in the same AppGameKit project.
Instead of putting your level in /media/gameguru/ you can now also use /media/level1/ and call this function to load and play a new level - loadlevel("level1")
your first level must still go into /media/gameguru/

Added: Water shader. works on all platforms.

Get your copy here:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/623270/AppGameKit__GameGuru_Loader/

If you already tried GameGuru Loader, please post a review on steam, that would REALLY help me, and our friend GameGuru Loader
CJB
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2017 17:07
Quote: "I wish i can use GG Waypoint in AGK2"
Preben did add GG waypoint support for NPCs (see the vid of the soldiers walking about the multi-story car-park earlier).
janbo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2017 16:04 Edited at: 17th Jul 2017 01:59
Hi,

Did you manage to cull the terrain like gl_ClipDistance would do or do you discard the pixels for the Water reflection and refraction and process the terrain two times ?

Using AGKv2 Tier1
Preben
AGK Studio Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
janbo: No the camera clipping dont seam to work not sure why, need to do some more testing
janbo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2017 15:01 Edited at: 17th Jul 2017 02:00
I don't have GG Loader, so I can't say, but if you need/want some help ...just ask me
Or take my water shader as example, but it uses discard.

Using AGKv2 Tier1
Preben
AGK Studio Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
janbo: Thanks really appreciate that , i already use discard and vertex clipping , i thought you meant setting the camera projection matrix to do the clipping (without calling vertex / pixel) , think we discussed how we could do this before , i never got that working , but i do use LOD Terrain , i also made a DX9 version so you can draw your LOD directly in GameGuru ( https://forum.game-guru.com/thread/216864 ) , vertex is clipping flat triangles by adjusting the gl_Position this gives a nice boost, the rest is clipped using pixel discard. But i still think camera clipping would be the fastest way to do this
janbo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2017 14:49 Edited at: 17th Jul 2017 02:00
Quote: "i thought you meant setting the camera projection matrix to do the clipping"

Yes I meant that.

Quote: "vertex is clipping flat triangles by adjusting the gl_Position this gives a nice boost"

What you mean with flat triangles ?
And what are you doing with the vertices then ? positioning them outside the view frustum, so it gets clipped ?

[edit]
Just read your other post ^^
As I understand it you indeed define a threshold of terrain height at which level you position the vertices outside the view frustum if they are at a LOD stage far away ?!
Uh when did you add DoF ?
I like your project very much
[/edit]

Using AGKv2 Tier1
Preben
AGK Studio Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2017 12:08 Edited at: 11th May 2017 12:09
Quote: "As I understand it you indeed define a threshold of terrain height at which level you position the vertices outside the view frustum if they are at a LOD stage far away ?"

In distance water goes from transparent to non transparent , when water is non transparent and cover terrain , it will check the normal in the vertex and if the normal is flat (normal.y > 0.98) and position.y < waterlevel , then the terrain is non visible (covered by water) , so it just place the gl_Position outside the view
You need to make your terrain underwater flat to use this , else the triangle could have one vertex above water and one below

GameGuru Loader users: You can just draw your LOD terrain directly in GameGuru to get a huge FPS increase, see link above. ( dark blue water in GameGuru = LOD Terrain ).
janbo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2017 12:35 Edited at: 17th Jul 2017 02:00
Okay, so its still a shader ...Vertex shader where you pass the water Height and you have the vertex position and normal in a vertex shader, you can then make your checks you mentioned...
Nice idea !
But the threshold at which distance the vertices get clipped must vary, not ?
I can imagine scenes where you could see the clipped vertices, for example if the viewer is near the water height and the potential vertices are very deep in the water.
So to make it stable, you must take the viewer into account.
You could calculate at which distance you can hide the vertex if you also pass the camera and view direction or the View Matrix.

I'm just curious and thinking out loud

Using AGKv2 Tier1
Preben
AGK Studio Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
janbo: It has a small safe zone so i have never been able to spot it , well above water , when you go below water i had to make some "dirty water" (fog) to hide it , but that looks pretty cool anyway ...

Preben
AGK Studio Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Added the water shaders directly to GameGuru, you can now download the shader from any daily3D.com account:

And its DX11 ready! ( if you do not know what that means, your missing out on some great GameGuru news , check the forum ).

Preben
AGK Studio Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
ggloader136.zip. Available now on Steam/TGC/daily3D.com

Simple game play system and extra AI.

The first step in making a GameGuru FPS level playable without any coding.

Get some quick shooting action on Mobile/Tablet/WebGL/Mac/Linux or Windows PC.

Also add a full “WASD” / desktop FPS mouse control system, that will detect if your running on a mobile, and add a mobile control system if so.

Added:
* Enemy Characters can hold and shoot weapons
* Enemy Characters can fall and die
* The player can now shoot weapons
* The player can die when health is depleted
* Mobile device controls - virtual joystick and fire button
* Desktop First Person Shooter Mouse controls
* Enemy shooting decals animations
* When the player is hit a decal animates
* Player gun cross-hair added
* Added sound effects
* Music for the game is supported
* Directional HUD damage effect

Easy to define enemy character shooting range / rate / precision.

A simple gameplay system to give you a quick start on your next FPS game, use it as is (no coding), or expand it to your needs.

Subscribe on YouTube for more news:
https://youtu.be/Pby0SOznzDw

Order GameGuru Loader now!

Help, please leave a Steam review and let me know you did so, this will really help me and GameGuru Loader
Chris Tate
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jun 2017 09:56
This is one of the best 3D projects I've seen come out for AppGameKit! A great way for the community to challenge the portable gaming market by bringing the benefits of Gameguru and AppGameKit together.

I hope this gets well used by the AppGameKit developers.

Well done Preben, keep on making follower-gainz in the steam community.
Preben
AGK Studio Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Chris Tate: Thanks i really appreciate your nice words
Bored of the Rings
User Banned
Posted: 16th Jun 2017 12:30
Yes, agreed, probably the best piece of software I've bought in a long time. Very proud to own this product and highly recommended. Well done again Preben, totally awesome
Professional Programmer, languages: SAS, C++, SQL, PL-SQL, DBPro, Purebasic, JavaScript, others
Preben
AGK Studio Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
BOTR: Thanks

TIP: Soldiers can hold any type of gun , simple to change , search ggfunc.agc for "colt.png" to see how , it will locate and use the GameGuru "FIRESPOT" so you just need to set what gun to use and everything else is automated.

Attachments

Golelorn
Years of Service
User Offline
I left a quick review on steam.
Preben
AGK Studio Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Sorry for the delay im having a great vacation

Golelorn: Thanks , your review is really doing a difference, and i really appreciate it , Thanks again.

Got a planned update , but vacation is slowing things down , but its coming
GarBenjamin
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jul 2017 20:05 Edited at: 14th Jul 2017 20:06
Hmm... I actually bought this recently more out of desire to support devs here than anything... but I am wanting to play around making a tiny fps or rpg game this weekend. Maybe I should invest the time to really check out GameGuru and this loader (that I also bought a while back).

Can I import my own assets into GameGuru? I don't have any ambitions to make something like the screenshots and videos here that look basically hd modern type games. I'd be using purely geometric shapes or ultra low poly models. And when I say that I mean make a tree out of maybe half a dozen cubes or 1 cube and a few spheres for example.

Could I load such models in to GameGuru, build the level then use your exporter to generate the files needed to load it all into App Game Kit 2?

If anyone else knows feel free to answer since @Preben said he is on vacation.
TI/994a (BASIC) -> C64 (BASIC/PASCAL/ASM/Others) -> Amiga (AMOS/BLITZ/ASM/C/Gamesmith) -> DOS (C/C++/Allegro) -> Windows (C++/C#/Monkey X/GL Basic/Unity/Others)
smallg
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jul 2017 12:33 Edited at: 15th Jul 2017 12:35
game guru has a basic model importer for .x models which should work fine for static objects (as long as they're in .x of course).
animated objects can be quite difficult to import depending on the settings and structure of the model and will likely have to be imported by hand (creating the required .fpe file etc), it should still work as long as it's within the requirements for GG (poly limit etc).

but yes GG loader supports all media used in your game guru map (as long as you convert it first with the conversion process).
life\'s one big game
spec= 2.6ghz, 1gb ram, 512mb gpu, directx 9.0c, dbpro and classic
GarBenjamin
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jul 2017 22:47 Edited at: 15th Jul 2017 22:51
Thanks @smallg I had a play around with Game Guru last night. I had checked it out briefly before and man I must say it is so much better building with this then it was in the Unity Scene Editor. Game Guru level building is very slick.

Unfortunately, I don't know enough about it to know how to color things. My models come in completely void of colors and so far I haven't found any place in Game Guru to set the colors of these models.

I didn't plan on using textures at all for this little project but I could just make solid color images to use for the colors and see if that works.

As it is currently I am using .3ds model format and they come in looking like this...

I'll make some quick solid color textures and apply and see if that makes a difference. I guess I could try exporting in X format as well.

Overall though I watched a couple of videos on YT last night that showed a guy going over how easy it was to create an RPG game with Game Guru and I must say it was very impressive in itself.
In fact, I know at least a couple of people on the Unity forums who would probably love GameGuru but I won't bother wasting my time and risking ticking people off over there telling them about it.
If they want to use Unity let them use Unity. I personally don't understand it. Right tool for the job and all of that. And from what I can see GG is the right tool for making an RPG unless it has some severe limitations that guy never ran into in his video series. I mean truly he was making quests in just a matter of a minute or two. It was darn impressive.

Alright I will play around with it some more. I'd almost be tempted to just use GG myself but it seems geared more towards making graphically impressive games / modernish games where I am thinking more of ultra low poly solid colors at best and possibly just cubes and such. lol

Worst case I will just not use GG for a world editor and do it all in AGK. After messing around with GG importing last night I did start on a very bare bones scene purely in AGK.

And that is what the trees should look like.
TI/994a (BASIC) -> C64 (BASIC/PASCAL/ASM/Others) -> Amiga (AMOS/BLITZ/ASM/C/Gamesmith) -> DOS (C/C++/Allegro) -> Windows (C++/C#/Monkey X/GL Basic/Unity/Others)
smallg
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jul 2017 23:33 Edited at: 15th Jul 2017 23:33
you can't paint or apply a texture directly in GG, it must have one already so yh creating a solid texture would work for now (you can likely find someone to edit the trunk and top on the GG forums as it's also a very helpful place, if you don't know how yourself).
GG is simple but it's certainly not complete and as such has it's own limits and bugs too, GG's a great project but i wouldn't recommend it for working on a real project til it gets developed futher... but for a world editor to use for AppGameKit with GGLoader it works well
life\'s one big game
GarBenjamin
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2017 04:18
Thanks @smallg I figured that was probably the case. I revisited this today, unwrapped the tree and made a super simple solid colors texture. This works fine.

I haven't tried the Loader yet. I ended up finding GG itself quite interesting and working on a very tiny game. BUT I will check it out soonish. Probably my next game dev session sometime next week.

Anyway thanks for the fast reply!
CJB
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jul 2017 09:39
Will there be an option to use the AppGameKit built-in shadows soon?
Preben
AGK Studio Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
GarBenjamin: Try to use .x if possible , that way you can always convert your level/game to AppGameKit, i believe that some mobiles have problems with .3ds

CJB:
Quote: "Will there be an option to use the AppGameKit built-in shadows soon?"

I got a version that are able to use the build in shadows, but the builtin shadows have some problems/missing features that need to get fixed before it can be used, im still testing this , but the current AppGameKit builtin shadow is slower then what we already got, dont work in html5 and on some mobiles, dont support transparent images / alpha mask , so grass/tree/windows/fences/... dont look correct , it just displays the mesh directly, missing support for SetObjectCullMode 0 objects ... , anyway im working on it and will let Paul know what need to be fixed, so we can use it

CJB
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2017 10:06
Quote: "but the current AppGameKit builtin shadow is slower then what we already got"
Ok. I am more than happy to continue using the GG Loader shadows. I thought there was going to be a huge speed gain with the built-in shadows, but if not then it's not a problem.
Golelorn
Years of Service
User Offline
GG and GG Loader are incredibly underrated. I started messing with it this weekend, and I am so glad to tried this out. My only complaint so far is the limitation on .x files.
hoyoyo80
Years of Service
User Offline
Im super interested with the loader, but GG itself i had it but not really easy to do anything with it. One question again, do i need to manually texture the level once i exported it from GG to AGK2?
Do GG support blender directly? Since i want to use GG and Loader as part of "3d pipeline"..possible? Thanks
smallg
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2017 14:15
Quote: "do i need to manually texture the level once i exported it from GG to AGK2?"

it will look almost the same as you see in GG (a few minor differences because obviously AppGameKit and GG do some things differently but generally it's the same), you can then of course edit everything in AppGameKit afterwards as you would any other project if you wish.

Quote: "Do GG support blender directly? Since i want to use GG and Loader as part of "3d pipeline"..possible? Thanks"

yes and no, GG supports .X format but it can be a bit fussy sometimes with the exact inner workings, especially for (character) animations and such.
life\'s one big game
hoyoyo80
Years of Service
User Offline
Nice...im asking about the level design.i think im gonna purchase this today

Sidenote: Why GG dont use Tier 1 and Tier 2 agk2 as their language instead of the script?
DARKHALO2K
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2017 20:28
I've finally bitten the bullet and picked up a Steam copy to compliment my original daily3d purchase.

Thanks again for all of the work that you've put in to this, Preben. GG Loader is a game changer for 3D projects created with AGK.
PartTimeCoder
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2017 22:38
Quote: "Sidenote: Why GG dont use Tier 1 and Tier 2 agk2 as their language instead of the script?"

GG uses DirectX, AppGameKit uses OpenGL.
Itchy
Years of Service
User Offline
Apologies in advance for this question...

So I am an old 'daily3d.com' supporter , decided to dust off the GameGuru Loader 4 AGK2 and downloaded v1.36 for a test run (and impressed by the new features!)

Converted the GG media (multiple times) but for the life of me can't get it to display the terrain texture(s) on PC/Mac running under AppGameKit (however broadcasting seems to be ok?) All other objects and entities are fine

There is something I'm missing or a flag not set correctly so looking for some pointers

What I DO know is vegmask_result.png doesn't generate (using loaderGUI) but no problem as can convert vegmask.dds back to vegmask_result.png from .fpm file

Local files location does generate baked-m.png and baked-vegmask.png correctly

As far as I can tell, ggshadersetup.agc uses vegmask_result.png to generate the texture on the fly. So still little lost as to where I'm going wrong?

Here is a snapshot of the fantasy level running (have the same 'no terrain texture' result for all GG levels )

Do I need to set a default ground texture somewhere?

Many thanks in advance

Preben
AGK Studio Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2017 13:27 Edited at: 4th Sep 2017 13:33
Itchy: Ups you forgot the screenshot , anyway if the terrain is "black" then you just need to upgrade AppGameKit to the latest version, there was a problem in the previous release that prevented some custom shaders from working, but paul made a quick update , so the latest AppGameKit version should work with no problems.

hoyoyo80:
Quote: "Do GG support blender directly? Since i want to use GG and Loader as part of "3d pipeline"..possible? Thanks"

Not directly you need to export as .x in blender, i already tried to use one big object as a level ( uploading video now ) , you should just remember to use a atlas texture for everything , then import into GameGuru and it should work , if you also want it to work in Loader you just copy the original .x into the same folder that you have the imported GameGuru level, thats it.
See video when it finish uploading ( 2 hours left ).

Edit: Video also show all the NEW features in GameGuru Loader 1.38 , this version is now ready and should be released very very shortly
CJB
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2017 15:12
Quote: "GameGuru Loader 1.38 , this version is now ready and should be released very very shortly"
Cool! Looking forward to it
Itchy
Years of Service
User Offline
@Preben - many thanks. Yes updating to 2017.09.04 did the trick!

...and a NEW version of GGLoader on it way! great!

Cheers
Preben
AGK Studio Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Did i have problems with this video , youtube decided to break my 3 hour upload, so i had to upload again in 2 parts, screen recorder do delays when switching to full screen so... This video do not show all the new additions but some of them , so mainly watch it to see one big object as a level, and how i (fumble) use GameGuru as a level editor for AppGameKit 3D

Part1:

Part2:

New video that display more of the new features is comming soon.
Golelorn
Years of Service
User Offline
Wow. This is incredible. I love the direction AppGameKit and GG are going.
Preben
AGK Studio Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Golelorn: Thanks

New version of GameGuru Loader has now been released on daily3d.com
Login and download: ggloader138.zip

TGC and Steam version will also be updated today.

Watch the news section for a video that display all the great new features

If possible please leave a review on steam:

Im already working on a new update (again), if you have something you like to see in the next update, please let me know
hoyoyo80
Years of Service
User Offline
I already purchased it

But sorry to ask it here, I can understand how GG work, but mixing GG+AGK ( and also the *new visual editor*+AGK) really make me wonder hows things work hand in hand. My question on the Loader and AppGameKit is:

GG loader provide the usage of AI pathfinding in AppGameKit, i mean load GG Level and u have AI patrolling using the path? And then its up to the coder to determine how to react to player right?Of course. But will they resume the patrolling routine later?

I just need to understand.

Thanks
Itchy
Years of Service
User Offline
@ Preben - "...if you have something you like to see in the next update, please let me know"

Hopefully this is ok to post here, but any chance of adding a VR option? this link has some functions which might suit? https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/219797

Making some progress on integrating but really need to break the ggloader down to see where best to call the VR updates

Preben
AGK Studio Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
hoyoyo80:
Quote: " i mean load GG Level and u have AI patrolling using the path?"
Yes!

Quote: " And then its up to the coder to determine how to react to player right?Of course. But will they resume the patrolling routine later? "

Yes its up to the coder to decide what will happen , the default AI is made so you can build on it like you want. But the good news is that i already made it so when the "soldier" fire at you , and you hide so he cant see you , then the "soldier" WILL resume patrolling , so you do not have to code that bit yourself

Itchy:
Quote: "adding a VR option?"

That would be a great addition , i will take a look and see how it would fit the best.

Stab in the Dark software:
Is it ok that we use your "better faster VR implementation", please
hoyoyo80
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for that Preben. In short is, we can fully utilized GG Pathfinding in 3d games. If so, it is super neat!
Preben
AGK Studio Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
For the next update, VR rendering in GG Loader.

Added stab's distorted mesh to the rendering.
Added vignette post processing to hide ugly edges when in VR render.
Added stab's bluetooth joystick code.
Support all functions/shaders so you can scale the shaders from mobile to desktop, including all post processing shaders like fxaa ...

I cant test ANY of this (yet), so if Itchy or CJB want to give the beta a spin , give me a e-mail plemsoft@plemsoft.com
SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2017 17:19
Getting better every day this project
Twitter - https://tinyurl.com/y92j7grv
Platypus Peril Twitter - https://tinyurl.com/y9s2hht9
Platypus Peril FB - https://tinyurl.com/yah6snha

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 04:28:47