Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / More dark themes for the IDE

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Apr 2016 16:53 Edited at: 28th Apr 2016 15:28
EDIT 28-04-2016: I've added an amber-colored version of the 'Retro'-theme to this post. You can find the download at the bottom, next to the other .zip-archives
------------------------

As most people probably know, you can change the way the AppGameKit looks by selecting 'View > Change Color Scheme'. Doing so changes the way your code is presented. Selecting a Scheme however, doesn't change the way IDE itself looks (buttons, tabs, panels etc.).

Recently, I was looking for some dark themes. I found several on the Geany forums and decided to make matching IDE-files. Attached to this post are the colorschemes I liked and their IDE's.

(Tango Dark)

(InkPot)

(Steampunk)

(Retro)

(Retro-Amber)

Installing the schemes is simple: unzip the contents of one of the scheme's in AGK's installation folder*. Merge and Overwrite files if you are prompted to do so. After this, the IDE should have a new look. Next, select the corresponding colorscheme using 'View > Change Color Scheme'.
Uninstallation is simple as well: locate the file 'geany.gtkrc' in the folder 'App Game Kit 2 > Tier 1 > Editor > Data', and delete it.

Enjoy!

*: Default installation folders are: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\App Game Kit 2\" (Steam) or "C:\Program Files (x86)\The Game Creators\AGKV2\" (Stand-alone version)

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Apr 2016 19:57
Those look nice, thanks
blink0k
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Apr 2016 20:24
They look very cool. I tried some but my text windows doesn't change. I think i'm v2.0.17

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Zwarteziel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Apr 2016 21:51 Edited at: 23rd Apr 2016 21:52
Hi Blink0k,

The installation is a two step process:

1. Copy the files into AGK2's main folder
2. Select the scheme you want by starting AGK2 and selecting: View > Change Color Scheme.

The first step changes the IDE'S buttons, while the second step changes the text window. Looks like you need to take this last step.

(So, judging by your screenshot, click: 'View' > 'Change Color Scheme' and then select 'InkPot').
blink0k
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Apr 2016 14:43
So lovely. Thanks heaps
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2016 11:35
I like these, I'm using the Tango theme, so much easier on the eyes than the last dark theme. Much appreciated - if I could ask for 1 thing, it would be an amber version of the retro theme - might not use it much but it might be fitting, at stupid-o-clock in the morning when our eyes can't see colours anymore
Zwarteziel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2016 12:04 Edited at: 26th Apr 2016 12:08
@blink0k:
Thanks, you are welcome!

@Van B:
Thank you as well. You might have noticed it already, but alongside the Tango-theme, I've included a theme called 'Sleepy Pastel'. It's derived from Tango, but is slightly easier on the eyes since the main text-color isn't pure white.

Quote: " if I could ask for 1 thing, it would be an amber version of the retro theme - might not use it much but it might be fitting, at stupid-o-clock in the morning when our eyes can't see colours anymore "

Sure, I'll make one this weekend if I can find some time to sit down! (I recently became the father of a daughter, so my spare time is down the drain atm) When I grew up, I actually had a amber-colored monochrome monitor, so this will be truly retro for me
Zwarteziel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Apr 2016 14:54
A small update: as requested, I've made an amber-colored version of the 'Retro'-theme. I based it on the colors my old Hercules graphics-card produced, so it should feel semi-authentic
The file is added along with the others in the first post in this thread. Enjoy!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 09:30:45
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 09:30:45