Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Scripts / Delete weapons script {HELP}

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 22nd May 2016 18:06 Edited at: 28th May 2016 19:28
I found a delete weapons script in the Airmod. I tried to use it in vanilla 1.16 of FPSC. It for some reason doesn't work. Could i have some assistance one what it's possibly messing up at?

What the script does is that it removes all the current weapons that the player has. So, after the script occurs, no more weapons will be usable, they will all be gone and you will have no weapons after entering the zone with the script in it.

Thank you,

~ Cloid

Script:

;Artificial Intelligence Script
;Airmod Script by Ashley Tayles
;Header

desc = resetweapons

;Triggers

:plrwithinzone=1:state=1,resetplrweapons
I am a traditional artist and want to find easy game tools to play around with for fun.~
s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2016 20:38 Edited at: 22nd May 2016 20:39
I think the reason it don't work is because airmod isn't in v1.16 of fpsc as far as I can remb, it wasn't intergrated into the main source untill version v1.17.

Hope this helps S4real
Amd fx4100,6gb ram,geforce 450
Cloid
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 24th May 2016 01:30
@S4real

Thank you S4real.

I am still having trouble using the script in 1.16 of FPS Creator. So, I was wondering; Is there a way i could use this script without installing later versions of FPS Creator? I am not into installing later versions of FPS Creator, because of their frame-rate issues and troubles with character movement. I am looking forward to always using 1.16 no matter how much features i am missing out on. 1.16 supports older hardware and runs faster on older machines. It also has better character movement within the engine. There is something wrong with how the character moves in 1.17 or higher like I've mentioned before.

The script that deletes the player weapons does work in 1.16 or lower. I have seen a pretty old forum post [that is hard to find] that shows a way of how to delete your weapons using a script when in a trigger zone.

I am also having trouble with another script too. When walking in a zone, it auto saves the game, but when going back to that save after dying or loading it; it deletes the players weapons for some odd reason. So, maybe in this script, there could be a way that we can do this "remove player weapons in-zone" kind of thing. Here is the script:

Artificial Intelligence Script

;Header

desc = Plr Save In Zone by AirSlide

;Triggers

:state=0,plrwithinzone=1:quicksavegame,state=1
;state=1,plrwithinzone=0:state=0
I am a traditional artist and want to find easy game tools to play around with for fun.~
Cloid
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 24th May 2016 21:28
Bump.
TMoney Moterbike Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
What do you mean by "delete weapon?" You mean after a level, you don't have the weapon any more?
Cloid
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 28th May 2016 19:26 Edited at: 28th May 2016 19:29
@TMoney Moterbike
Nuwh.... Really? Did i mean that? Everything is explained if you don't only read the title

EDIT: I've edited the first post on this topic. Incase if you are still confused as of understanding what the action "delete" means.
Cloid
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 5th Jun 2016 18:20
Bump.
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2016 21:20
Hi Cloid
Since your using V1.16 It's hard to do a test run for you (I'm using mostly BlackIceV9)
I remember a problem with the "quicksavegame" command a long time ago.
It always save it to "slot #1" correct? And one loses saved items/weapons?
I'll search a little, I recall BlackFox had a solution of some sort.
Have you tried a "Player Check Point" to see if that retains the player weapons?
My games never have bugs. They just develop random features..
Lots and lots of random features...
Cloid
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 7th Jun 2016 12:02
@ncmako

Thanks, ncmako. I will try this next time when i am working on my project. If you find anything, let me know. It's very nice of you to help.
Mriganka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2016 05:42
RESETPLRWEAPONS
Description: This removes all the player’s weapons. apply this in an fpi script. You could use commands like plrinzone or plrwithin=X with it.
Example-

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 19:29:28
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 19:29:28