Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2018 23:00 Edited at: 21st May 2018 23:01
I've developed a plugin that integrates Igor Pavlov's (7-Zip) LZMA SDK to allow Tier 1 games to use archives that also support password protection. Currently Windows x86 only.

https://github.com/adambiser/agk-lzma-plugin
The wiki contains information and a command reference.

Features:
* Password protected archives.
* Utilizes memblocks so that archive items can be read directly without extracting to a file for AppGameKit types that work with memblocks.
* Additional commands to store/extract directly to/from images, sounds, object meshes, and strings. The memblocks work is done internally.
* Can store raw file data.
* Can extract file data to a file in the write folder and optionally flag them to be deleted by the plugin when the plugin is unload (when the game closes). This is not guaranteed, but appears to work.
* Attempts to match your game's current sync rate so it doesn't appear to lock up during lengthy operations.
* Supports setting up a progress-reporting tween chain.
* Can manage single run and repeating tween chains while performing lengthy operations.

There's an example project on github, too, which I've used for testing. I would appreciate any feedback on this. I haven't had the chance to try it out with one of my own games yet.

This is free for the community to use.
Captain Ouais
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2018 17:13
that is really welcome
thank you very much !!!!!
I do what i do !!!
Rick Nasher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2018 17:40
Good stuff! Many thanks.
adambiser
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2018 18:04
You're welcome. Let me know if you have any problems with it. The 7-Zip LZMA SDK isn't the easiest thing to work with.

SubImages aren't handled directly from memory yet because AppGameKit seems to rely upon files for that. I forgot to look into it before releasing, but I'll be looking into it.
The image and subimage txt file can still be extracted to files and loaded from them in the meantime.
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2018 08:37
Excellent - added to plugins thread
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur
TutCity is being rebuilt
adambiser
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2018 06:48
Added a couple of commands:
* MoveFileToReadPath - Created archives are written to the write folder. Use this to move it into the read folder.
* GetItemAsImageAtlas - Extracts and loads an atlas image from temporary files in the write folder. I found no way to generate one from memory.
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2018 09:53
Quote: "MoveFileToReadPath"

This is very useful for creating packages ready to deploy
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur
TutCity is being rebuilt
Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2018 23:54
I've been trying to add this natively for awhile. I'm not very good with compression algorithms.
Tiled TMX Importer V.2
XML Parser V.2
Base64 Encoder/Decoder
Purple Token - Free online hi-score database
Legend of Zelda

"I like offending people, because I think people who get offended should be offended." - Linus Torvalds

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 10:43:23
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 10:43:23