Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / AppGameKit Version 2019.01.18

Author
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2019 14:35
I've uploaded a new version with the following changes

* Added ExtractZipASync, GetZipExtractProgress, and GetZipExtractComplete commands to unzip files in the background
* Added GetWindowWidth/Height to return the size of the window, which may differ from GetDeviceWidth/Height on retina displays
* GetMaxDeviceWidth/Height now return the non-retina sizes on Macs with retina displays so they can be used with SetWindowSize
* Fixed ResizeImage not working with animated GIF images
* The debugger can now display the contents of a type variable

Known issues

* Scrolling in the AppGameKit IDE can be slow on MacOS, unfortunately we are unable to track down the cause at this time

Let me know if you have any problems
kenvids1
Years of Service
User Offline
Bear with me, I am unsure if this is the right place to post this message.
I am following Rick's 'Ricktris' videos. I have the Ricktris.agk open in a notepad++ editor which displays a [projectfiles] section and a [files] section. When I close the project in the IDE (or even close the IDE), the [files] section (in notepad++) disappears so that the next time I open Rickris.agk, none of the files I previously had opened appear in the IDE right hand tabs panel. Does anyone have an explanation for this/
Qube_
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2019 18:36
Hi Paul, On the Mac the 2019-01-18 version's IDE shows it as 2019-01-08 and does not recognise the new commands. The change log does state details for the 2019-01-18 version though.
nz0
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2019 19:29
blink0k
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2019 20:04
Quote: "The debugger can now display the contents of a type variable"

Superb! Thanks
Captain Ouais
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2019 22:20
THx You Paul !!!
I do what i do !!!
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2019 01:00 Edited at: 19th Jan 2019 01:01
Quote: "When I close the project in the IDE (or even close the IDE), the [files] section (in notepad++) disappears so that the next time I open Rickris.agk, none of the files I previously had opened appear in the IDE"

I'm not sure what could cause that. You may have to delete the IDE settings to try and reset it. The settings file can be found in C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\agk, delete the entire "agk" folder whilst the IDE is closed and reopen it

Quote: "On the Mac the 2019-01-18 version's IDE shows it as 2019-01-08 and does not recognise the new commands"

Thanks for letting me know, it looks like I missed a step in the build process which meant the old version was built. I've uploaded the correct files now as 2019-01-18b

Quote: "Was hoping the multi-mouse was re enabled"

Enabling it hides the normal mouse cursor and draws cursors in AppGameKit instead, so it can only be one or the other. You can try enabling it if you open the Tier2/apps/interpreter project in Visual Studio 2015 and enable the #define MULTI_MOUSE line, it's been a while since I tested it.
Qube_
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2019 03:45
Quote: "Thanks for letting me know, it looks like I missed a step in the build process which meant the old version was built. I've uploaded the correct files now as 2019-01-18b"

Ahh, that's better. Only took 30 seconds to update my framework to work normally again. Thanks for the new GetWindow commands and the return to none retina value returns. My code now works across all platforms without having to write different routines based on the OS, happy days and hats off to Paul / TGC for working out a solution so quickly.

Quote: "* Scrolling in the AppGameKit IDE can be slow on MacOS, unfortunately we are unable to track down the cause at this time"

This is a weird one... This version of the IDE performs around 50% better than the previous two versions. The text is still blurry on retina displays but the scroll speed / text selection, while still slow, is a lot better. This is easily acceptable until a proper fix is found. I appreciate it's not an easy one to sort as you're dealing with a lot of 3rd party stuff which is out of your hands.
DavidAGK
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Great to see another update come out!
Using Tier 1 AppGameKit V2
Started coding with AMOS (Thanks Francois Lionet)
Tone Dialer
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2019 10:44 Edited at: 19th Jan 2019 10:45
@Paul

I have checked for the Raspberry Pi version of Version 2019.01.18 in my products area but the Windows version of it has appeared and not the Pi version !

Please advise.
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2019 13:13
Quote: "I have checked for the Raspberry Pi version of Version 2019.01.18 in my products area but the Windows version of it has appeared and not the Pi version"

Thanks, fixed!
fubarpk
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: AGK is my friend
Posted: 22nd Jan 2019 11:41
Thanks Paul
fubar
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2019 13:45
I've just uploaded version 2019.01.18c for Mac that fixes a bug with the iOS export not generating valid IPAs.
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2019 12:29 Edited at: 29th Jan 2019 12:30
Paul, DonArt is having an issue where the following code is causing a crash in the AppGameKit Player on iOS. Looks like the player and AppGameKit are both up to date:

Original post
Using AppGameKit V2 Tier 1
Cybermind
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2019 10:52 Edited at: 30th Jan 2019 11:19
I have the previous version installed and I have a weird problem with the Timer(), I have been using GetMilliseconds() only up until now, but simple calling Print(Timer()) gives me blank error messages, I have also had an error where it said invalid client ID in SendMessage() on a line with Render2DFront(). It is a network game I am working on.

EDIT: One of the erros came up again, it only says SendMessage(), not SendNetworkMessage().

Another edit: I have updated AppGameKit and replaced all GetMilliseconds() with (Timer()*1000), but I still get blank error messages when trying to play my game.

More editing: I ran it in the debugger, I get a lot of "Invalid client ID detected in network SendMessage(), message will be ignored in lobby.agc at line 832" and other lines trying to send a network message.
13/0
Cybermind
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2019 15:13
Just some info from the help files, GetNetworkServerID help file mentions something about client in parameters, but GetNetworkMyClientID() helpfile does not mention client in parameters. Is one or the other incorrect?

https://www.appgamekit.com/documentation/Reference/Multiplayer/GetNetworkServerID.htm

https://www.appgamekit.com/documentation/Reference/Multiplayer/GetNetworkMyClientID.htm
13/0
Cybermind
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jan 2019 12:44
I have removed Timer() and I still, sometimes, get some errors, it might be something with the UDP system I now use (and I mean an error introduced by me). I will have to investigate some more. But with Timer(), it was consistent, the errors came every time, and went away when I removed Timer(). Today, I've played a game with Timer() but it ran at varying speed (I have uncapped FPS, so it might have been too frequent calls to the Timer() function). I have tried running my project through the Tier 2 interpreter while debugging it with VS2017, it gave me a lot of PDB or DLL not found but still running. It is quite hard to find the exact error when I get blank error messages. I will try my best.
13/0
Space Dream Studios
Competition Prize Winner 2014
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi Paul, have big problems with the latest AppGameKit version on my MacBookAir, after updating the OS to the latest version of Mojave 10.14.3.
During starting the AppGameKit, my MacBook freezes for more than one minute! Running a project, direct out of the editor, does basically the same, like starting AppGameKit! The whole MacBook freezes again for more than a minute.
On the other hand, broadcasting the app, works fine, like before.
Any idea, how to fix that? AppGameKit is almost useless now for me, until this is going to be fixed. Thanks in advance!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 13:21:11
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 13:21:11