Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Light that don't exist refuse to stop glowing!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 14th May 2019 02:41
How can I get rid of lights that aren't there. I've removed them, ran the cleaner, restarted the program, restarted the computer, cussed at them, threw things and raised my voice, but they won't stop shining.
They don't show up in the editor. They removed just fine. But in test game they just keep on shining.

Help!
locecode
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2019 03:54 Edited at: 14th May 2019 03:55
That post made me laugh.

Delete your light maps in the test level folder.
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2019 04:13
Thanks locecode,

I deleted all the files in "FPS Creator\Files\levelbank\testlevel\lightmaps".
No joy. The non existent lights still shine.
locecode
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2019 04:21 Edited at: 14th May 2019 04:22
Ok, then you need to delete everything in your temp memory folder, are you on windows 10 or xp? or 7 or 8?

This sounds like a temp memory problem, if not, I am as confused as you.

Ccleaner will remove all your temp files in a flash.
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2019 04:57
Well... that didn't work either. I ran CCleaner multiple times to be sure and I deleted everything I possibly could in the TestMap folder without making it crash.
I guess I'll just put it away again until or if someone comes up with a solution.

Thanks for your help.
locecode
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok, I just thought, what if your map is not being replaced with the new map data?

One more try.

Delete all your files in the test level folder so it will replace the new written data for everything.

I'm only trying to help with what sounds logical. Open your levelbank folder then delete everything thing.
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2019 05:07
When I removed all the files in the folder (moved them to the desktop and a good thing, because I had to put some back) then I couldn't test the level... it crashed with a file does not exist error. I played around with it a little and removed all I could without crashing it, but no change to the issue.
locecode
Years of Service
User Offline
Sounds like you are having a strange problem because when I delete all the files in the levelbank folder it just re-rights all the files.

With no error, why would it need to find a file to replace a file?

That makes no sense at all, so , some how, fpsc is asking for a file to replace the same file.

Use the bin cleaner or reinstall the newest update.

Heck, if this was happing to me, I would reinstall fpsc.

Also, when you delete all the files, make sure the folder , testlevel is still there as this is the folder it writes all the files to.

ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2019 10:29
@ Xplosys I saw this happen to another member not so long ago, he had posted in the BIM thread.
Did you just install BIM fresh? The new update one? I wonder if the new update patch & new lightmapper.exe
might be giving problems ?
My games never have bugs. They just develop random features..
Lots and lots of random features...
Location: You know that space between a dresser and the floor ? Yeah, that's where
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2019 13:03 Edited at: 14th May 2019 13:32
@ locecode
You were correct about the files in the testlevel folder. They can all be removed, but not the lightmaps folder. It must be there and that's what caused the loading error.
That said... still no joy.

@ ncmako
As you probably know, I had given up on FPSC a while back because of stupid, frustrating issues like this, but in another attempt to find a way to portray my stories, I just did a fresh, clean install of FPSC, Update 1.2, and BIM 10.6 and 10.7 Update.

I thought perhaps it had something to do with existing levels, so I created a new level with a room and two lights. All fine.
Then I delete one light and test again. Still two lights.
It seems that once a light is placed, it cannot be removed.
s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Rename the lightmaper this will force the mod to use default lightmapping.

See if you still have the problem.

We need to work on the lightmapper more if many had this issue.

Best s4real
Amd fx4100,6gb ram,geforce 450
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2019 17:07
Thanks s4real,
That took care of the issue on my end.

Just for your info in case it provides insight: After verifying that the old light mapper did not display the non-existent lights, I saved the level, exited and renamed the new lightmapper back to normal. Once again, the non-existent lights came back.
To fix the issue again, I had to run the cleaner, rename the light mapper (take it out of the mix again), and dump the testlevel folder.

For now it seems normal. If I have more issues or info I'll post in the BIM thread. I'll also link this post to the one I made in the BIM thread for clarity.

Thanks again.
Pvt.Dan
Years of Service
User Offline
Weird problem
Medal of Honor

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 10:55:24
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 10:55:24