Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Showcase / [X9] Project M.I.K.U.T.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Half-Life: WAR
Posted: 24th Jun 2020 14:37 Edited at: 17th Sep 2020 22:52

A Game by cambreaKer (a.k.a ScooT9 that's a really bad name)

Story: A terrorist organization named "T.F.A." is planning a big operation that will definitely not be good. You play as "Bravo 1", a spec ops operative that was sent into a T.F.A. warehouse to find plans for the terrorists' operation. So basically - take down lots of terrorists (hehe) and find plans.

Description: Project M.I.K.U.T. is an FPS in which your goal is basically to kill all enemies and locate the level's exit, of course there will be other tasks in the way, such as grabbing documents, killing a special enemy, etc. The game will have 10 levels full of action and surprises, set in locations like
ice cold snowy terrain, terrorist camps, bases, underground tunnels, and more! The game will also have 9 weapons of destruction, from a crappy pistol, to a grenade launcher, to light machine guns! I hope you will enjoy the game!

Here's some gameplay footage from the new level 1:

And some screenshots from the old 1 level beta!

[

DOWNLOAD THE DEMO
Yep, that's right, the demo containing the first mission (3 levels!) has been released, just go to PM's NEW itch.io page to download it!
https://cambreaker.itch.io/project-mikut
OR just go download from google drive
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Vx575CO93627Tj1p1FM-tfQ2DAoHtw3G/view?usp=sharing
OR go to the game's GameJolt page:
https://gamejolt.com/games/projectmikutnotgud/517107
OR go to PM's IndieDB Page!
https://www.indiedb.com/games/project-mikut

WATCH THE PROGRESS
Here is the level progress section, it shows how many levels are currently completed
( = Work in progress, = Finished, = Not started )

Mission 1, Level 1 - (Remade version)
Mission 1, Level 2 - (Remade version)
Mission 1, Level 3 - (Remade version)
Mission 2, Level 1 -
Mission 2, Level 2 -
Mission 2, Level 3 -
Mission 3, Level 1 -
Mission 3, Level 2 -
Mission 3, Level 3 -
Mission 4, Level 1 -
Mission 4, Level 2 -
Mission 4, Level 3 (final level) -

OLD BUILDS
Here you can download the old builds of the game to see how the game has evolved.

DEMO 1.0 & 1.1
The old demo versions 1.0 & 1.1 are available here:
https://www.indiedb.com/games/project-mikut

THE BETA RELEASE
The 1 level beta is only available in english language
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iZ7zWm1lCVg8NZJJ0G0yE3xuF9bLt7h3/view?usp=sharing

THE SUPER OLD ORIGINAL DEMO (that's also not good)
So what are you waitin' for, soldier? Take down those terrorists!

The OLD 3 level demo is available in 2 languages:
ENGLISH: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1S3McmDvcSraekFKM6_73N8Sn_-eI7UIk/view?usp=sharing
POLISH: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uLcOHjF7wFOTo3oIokqf1wvrjEWUtZYP/view?usp=sharing
hi, i'm a random guy who's making random games with random game engines for random reasons

Ghost_LOL
Years of Service
User Offline
I finished it, but it wasn't easy... and I think you got a lot to learn.

Right now it looks like some of my first FpsC projects. Every level is illogical maze of empty corridors and big rooms decorated by some stock boxes (or scifi items, but still...). Lots of random lights without sources. Guns got no recoil, no ironsights, no custom sounds. There are almost no healthpacks, so player can't run and gun unless he know all enemies positions. Custom loading screens are nice, and I appreciate your effort to do 2 languages, but when it comes to gameplay, graphics or level design its as generic and uninspired as FpsC game can get.

Ps: I think you forgot to put the key in second level and therefore demo can't be finished. I went to the scriptbank folder and switched door scripts, so I got to see 3rd level
ScooT9
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2020 11:29
Thanks for playing my game!
This game is a little crappy side project, so it's not going to have as much effort as my other games such as Kulfonom.
- The random lights thing is because the maps aren't really finished, they are just drafts so i can see if the combat is fun or not.
- The reason guns have no recoil and ironsights is because this game uses an earlier version of FPSC, just to make the game a bit more different than Kulfonom. Also, not every FPS needs ironsights.
- No custom sounds? I have included custom sounds for guns and the NPCs, so maybe you didn't notice.
- Almost no healthpacks. I should've done more testing, i just didn't want to make the game TOO easy, but i'll put a bit more of them in a next demo version.
Also there is a key in the 2nd level, it shows up for me. I guess it's just an FPSC bug or something.
hi, i'm a random guy who's making random games with random game engines for random reasons
ScooT9
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2020 18:58
OK so i just thought of completely remaking this whole game, the original demo wasn't really that great (but still better than my unpublished game Galactic Hardware 2 from 2015) and i want to improve it, so i figured that remaking the whole thing will be the best idea.
ScooT9
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2020 00:37
Here's a new screenshot of M1L1 (Mission 1, Level 1)
ScooT9
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2020 20:36
Level 1 Footage has been released on Youtube, check it out:
sman512
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2020 15:41 Edited at: 2nd Jul 2020 15:42
Your demo-game a little remind me the "Delta Force" for ps1!
GS
Ghost_LOL
Years of Service
User Offline
Your new snow level looks really nice and playable, way more creative than previous ones Good job
ScooT9
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2020 17:16
sman512 yeah the first level was inspired by the first level from Delta Force Urban Warfare for PS1, so you're not wrong.
Ghost_LOL Thanks a lot! I hope you will enjoy the new beta demo release that will come out soon!

Here's a new screenshot of level 1:
ScooT9
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2020 17:09
UPDATE: The 1 level beta is now released! Check it out and tell me what you think, link is in the OP.
sman512
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2020 18:15
So, if this level would not have been inspired by "Delta Force", then I would be wrong!? (never mind, this is just a joke)
GS
sman512
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2020 18:39
ScooT9, You fooled me, in a trailer you show that we can trow a tv in a fire but in final level tv is static! Its like E3 Trailers. =)
Overall level is nice but why the terrorists are in ww2 nazy army form this is some kind of nazy terorists? Oh and i liked moment when terrorists explode the wall and when i go inside i find denomite there.
GS
ScooT9
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2020 18:45
I had to change the tv to be static because when shaders are turned on and the tv is dynamic it looks messed up and weird, also i didn't mean to make the terrorists look like nazis, but you can imagine they could be.
sman512
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2020 18:56
You know i do!
GS
Ghost_LOL
Years of Service
User Offline
I've just finished new demo Here's some my thoughts:
This snow level is actually really big (and a bit heavy for the engine - check your textures, lots of them are really big and consume performance)
Nice effect with that breaking wall, and also good idea to put secret room on a map
I think enemies got too much health, it can take more than half a mag to take out just one basic bad guy which can be a bit annoying.
Clearly not every area in this level was made witch the same attention to detail - starting area looks very nice and atmospheric, but some corridors and rooms near the end of the level look randomly thrown together.
That wermaht enemies feel little out of place in modern environment, but - whatever maybe they travel in time
Overall its nice and fun to play, and of course a HUGE step forward from last demo

PS: what happened to announced Kulfonom demo?
ScooT9
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2020 20:13
I have originally planned the level to be much bigger (one more building to explore) but then the game's performance started to drop, and the level started to exceed FPSC's memory limit, so i cut that section.
I want to put at least 1 secret area in every map for this game, and that breaking wall to reveal the secret was inspired by your game "Game the game 2".
I have been thinking about lowering the enemies' health or increasing weapon damage, but i didn't want to make the game too easy, but the game is already a bit hard enough since the ai has some bugs like shooting through solid entities or open doors.
Well i didn't want to put TOO much detail into the rooms, and i also had FPSC's memory limit to worry about, so some parts of the level might seem undetailed.
The wehrmacht guys aren't supposed to be nazis, just terrorist guards, i tried to reskin them to look less like nazis but i guess putting that red armband on their texture made them look more like nazis.
Thanks a lot for the feedback and i hope you will enjoy the full game (when i'll finish it eventually)

Also i put Kulfonom on a hiatus, i figured out that the beta build i made wasn't that great. Also my other projects got in the way of making Kulfonom, so i think when i'm done with PM i'll bring back Kulfonom.
ScooT9
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jul 2020 12:04
Here's a new screenshot of level 2:
ScooT9
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2020 15:24 Edited at: 16th Jul 2020 15:26
Update: Level 2 is now complete! Just needs some bug fixes but overall the whole level is done, now i'm moving on to Level 3 - and then releasing the newest 3 level demo!
Here's 3 new screenshots from Level 2:

EDIT - Sorry for the white spots on these screens, looks like Imgur makes BMPs look worse.
ScooT9
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2020 16:36
Another update: A Gamejolt page for this game is now available! https://gamejolt.com/games/projectmikutnotgud/517107
sman512
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2020 17:25 Edited at: 17th Jul 2020 17:26
What on earth is it he got 4 hands i am scared to shit!!!
You are not told that this game is a horror game.
[video=youtube]https://youtu.be/sUrK0hFhCu0[/video]
GS
ScooT9
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2020 17:40
hahah, i forgot that those ironsight scripts for mp6 weapons also turned on dual wielding, and since the weapons were not designed for that feature, there's 4 arms when reloading.
I guess the main character grew 4 arms somehow.
ScooT9
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2020 21:01
Updated the OP with new level progress! Also i made a little custom signature for my profile.

ScooT9
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jul 2020 15:55
Update - The 3rd level is almost complete! Expect a new demo featuring the complete 1st mission in the next 2 days!

Ghost_LOL
Years of Service
User Offline
Nice, your project is growing fast
Pvt.Dan
Years of Service
User Offline
Big fan of this work, I am
Medal of Honor
ScooT9
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jul 2020 14:21 Edited at: 23rd Jul 2020 14:26
Hello everyone, thanks for the great words you all say about my game! The first demo containing the complete first mission (3 levels) has been released!
That means you can now finish the mission and take down more terrorists!
You can download the demo here: https://gamejolt.com/games/projectmikutnotgud/517107 and let me know what you think.
Changes from the first beta:
New title screen.
New HUD.
Changed the weapons' HUD icons.
Lowered the enemies' health a bit.
Added 2 new levels and weapons (Shotgun and MP5k)
New loading screens for level 2 and 3.
Removed ironsights from the shotgun.
Added new voicelines.
Game will now auto save at the start of a level (except level 1)
Added shaders for the weapons.

ScooT9
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2020 18:18
Updated OP with a link to the game's NEW IndieDB Page!

ScooT9
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2020 19:37
Here's a new screenshot from Mission 2!

Ghost_LOL
Years of Service
User Offline
Downloading new demo now
Ghost_LOL
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2020 19:10 Edited at: 26th Jul 2020 19:11
Just finished demo You got very big outdoor levels; third one was my favorite - that scripted event with exploding truck was really good and surprising, also that dynamite plunger few meters away is a nice detail And I really like that terrorists play Terrorist Takedown 2 Armor is a good idea, adds some more variety to the gameplay, custom hud for it would be nice to match the rest. Your edited mp6 hands texture actually looks good Voice mails are recorded in not bad quality, and have adjusted volume, so no problem with listening to messages Ok, now I can talk about whats not that good; I think basic soldiers still got a bit too much health, I counted bullets, and you need about nine pistol shots to take out one enemy... I presume that you wanted to make your game hard, but 9 shots per enemy feels a bit like grind, not fun ;p Other weapons got very low firerate and are very inaccurate, so 90% of the time pistol is the best ... but when enemy got automatic weapon he can take 80% of my health with one quick burst - that is kinda frustrating, at least give the player a second to react Overall it's very interesting project, not everything is perfect, but its very playable. I'm looking forward to next missions
ScooT9
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2020 19:38
Thanks for playing the game! I'll try lowering the health of the enemies a bit more, and make the new weapons better to use for the player, not for the enemy. Also i didn't make the new texture for the mp6 hands, that credit goes to Mriganka, i have only edited it a small bit. I'll make a little patch fixing these issues some time later.

ScooT9
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2020 13:04
So, i have made a patch (sorta) for the demo, it fixes (atleast tries to) some of the problems some people were having.
I'm releasing Project M.I.K.U.T. Demo v1.1, you can already download it here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zfzNFU5v8ywmX_Kpw84gVjOwE7X6G9k5/view?usp=sharing

Changelog:
Added new armour hud icon.
Removed ironsights.
Made the weapons a lot better.
Player now gets shotgun instead of ingram in level 1.
New player sounds.
Modified enemy AI.
Removed some stuff from the maps to improve performance.
Decreased texture quality to improve loading times, performance and that will also decrease
chances of the game crashing while loading level 3.

ScooT9
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2020 15:16 Edited at: 26th Aug 2020 15:16
Big announcement! Project M.I.K.U.T. will have an OST composed by Død Beverte! Right now only music for the Main Menu, Levels 1 and 2 are finished! The music will come to the 1.1b demo version of PM along with new improvements to the gameplay!
Here's a little taste of what's coming in 1.1b:

ScooT9
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2020 19:31
So, if nobody's posting anything here, i'll post something!
New Patch 1.1B for PM has just released! Get it here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Vx575CO93627Tj1p1FM-tfQ2DAoHtw3G/view?usp=sharing
Changelog:
Added music composed by Død Beverte!
Nerfed enemies carrying shotgun.
Tried balancing the weapons again.
New game over music.

ScooT9
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2020 20:55
Just made the game's page on itch.io! https://cambreaker.itch.io/project-mikut

ScooT9
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2020 20:10
So if someone still doesn't know - i'm remaking the game again, i just finished Level 1, here's gameplay of it:

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 18:05:03
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 18:05:03