Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / [LOCKED] [SOLVED] Lighting interiors w/ point lights in AGK not feasible

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2020 19:38
Quote: "Ive already proved it works ...the images show that as does the example from 2 years ago....if you cnt get it to work then thats on you."

Chill ^^ nobody is saying it doesn't work... I'll get along somehow, as I always do...over and out ^^

The author of this post has marked a post as an answer.

Go to answer

blink0k
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2020 23:28
Quote: "I think people will be very tired of this thread by now"

Only because there are no concrete examples and only code snippets.
janbo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jul 2020 13:15
I hope I can reveal that I made a working version with the help of Bengismo.
I'd share it but I'm not sure if im allowed...so lets just say with the snippets you already have you can stich together a cubemapping function, just remember that the 6 faces need a perfect square render
Bengismo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jul 2020 16:01 Edited at: 31st Jul 2020 16:03
Im more than happy to post up the cubemap demo that I shared with you last night Janbo. Alternatively, if you want to share a cubemap demo using multiple render images or a single one like we were using last night, feel free to do so. Im happy to share anything really.

However, I dont really think anyone is that bothered about how to generate a cubemap to be honest.

I believe what blink and the others actually want is a project to show how to do real time point light shadowing in AppGameKit as that was the point of this thread. (i think it was mainly me and you that were interested in the specific cubemap generation techniques possible in agk)
PSY
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jul 2020 17:08
I'm really interested in how to generate a cubemap ( multiple and single render ).
I've been reading up on shaders and point lights already because I wasnt sure whether or not there will be some shader code for the community, but as I don't have much experience with shaders yet, it's hard to tell what I can do with Tier 1 shaders and what not, because the tutorials I found are always about pure OpenGL shaders.

OFC, I'm also very interested in the real thing ( real time point light shadowing ) in AppGameKit, because that code will save me days of learning from scratch
I want to do some kind of dungeon crawler in the near future, and it would be awesome if I had working point light shadows

Thanks a lot in advance guys

PSY

PSY LABS Games
Coders don't die, they just gosub without return
Bengismo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jul 2020 17:18 Edited at: 31st Jul 2020 17:19
Its really easy:

You render a 90 degree FOV camera view for each of the 6 directions of the faces of a cube. You can do this to six separate render images then combine those into one single image....or you can render all 6 views to one image as I was explaining yesterday. Janbo wanted to know how I did the one image version so we went through it yesterday.

I will post an example later when im home or Im sure Janbo will be happy to post something.
PSY
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jul 2020 17:34
Very nice stuff !!
I guess the one image version is faster than the 6 image version, but ofc I'd really like to know both versions. Cubemap and shadow stuff is a great learning experience for me.

Looking forward to see your codes Thanks again !

PSY LABS Games
janbo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jul 2020 18:46 Edited at: 31st Jul 2020 18:48
So here is my Cubemapping Demo then:
3D Cubemapping shader

Attachments

Login to view attachments
PSY
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jul 2020 19:11
Awesome, thank you very much for sharing
Gonna take it apart over the weekend

PSY LABS Games
Xaby
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jul 2020 23:40
@Bengismo, I don't know, maybe there are sometimes misunderstanding with ironie in translations.
I guess, if you wrote the code, you maybe used it also, or did you only wrote it, but didn't use it?

It is great code.
Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
Recently Online
Posted: 1st Aug 2020 01:31
always good to hear and, especially, see discussion of shaders and top notch visuals from those with such skills.

alas, i think this thread has run its course (and veered from its original trajectory).

thanks for sharing
[My Itch.io Home]
[CODE lang=AGK] Your Code Here [/CODE]
[VIDEO=youtube] VideoID [/VIDEO]

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 01:00:35
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 01:00:35