Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Studio Chat / END problem

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2020 11:05 Edited at: 10th Nov 2020 11:06
I make a game name "PantiPakoli" in 2018 available in playstore
The problem is I update this app 4-5 times already but recent I change something and want to update and before update at playstore I chk in mobile with fill install , everything game play ok but when i press back button its quit the game because i put END their but when again I press the game to run its open on last screen where I end the game . means its not quit properly or its hold the game at that position like I am not quit I just minimized . Please is their any solve or its bug on AppGameKit ?
Raven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2020 00:46
The "Back" Button on Mobiles will always put an Application into Sleep rather than Close.
This is behaviour from Android NOT the Application., and I'm not sure there is a way to override it.

Of course if the App is merely put into Sleep rather than Closed, opening a "New" Instance will simply Wake the App again.

I've often wondered why Mobile Developers don't (like Desktop) include a "Quit" or "Exit" Button within the App itself.
You can of course force the App to close by using the Square Button (Active App List) and hitting the "X" in the Top-Right Corner.
TamBam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2020 04:38
Thanks Raven for your replay .. but its same happened with the buttons . I am using The Game Creators products since year 2007 . and App Game Kit from 2011-2012 so I know the back and quit Button and never happened before like this ...
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2020 15:35
AGK used to force the app to quit when you used the end command on Android, however the Google Play store started counting this as a crash and scoring the app negatively if it had too many crashes. So now the end command will send the app to the background to keep Google Play happy.
TamBam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2020 18:31
Thanks Paul sir for your answer. So now I need to back all screen from last to beginning and at the end need to use exit from loop ?
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Nov 2020 14:49
How you handle the back button is up to you, but you could prevent it from exiting the app at all as the user can use the home button to achieve that effect.
TamBam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Nov 2020 21:15
Yes Paul sir , after your post I create a back button which make the scene back to its previous screen and all the variables reset to its initial values , like this away I reach to my login screen and then I use exit command to out from last loop . And this work . Not using END command. This time.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 09:04:30
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 09:04:30