Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Wiimote via DBP

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jan 2007 11:33 Edited at: 21st Jan 2007 21:44
I've been playing around with the wiimote on my PC for a couple of days now, and I've come up with a few satisfying results, mainly for my C++ game.

At the same time however, I put together a DLL to make use of the Wiimote easily (which I call WiimoteLib)

The lib itself is very simplistic and barely even started, let alone finished. But, if you're able to sync your Wiimote to your PC (very easy too, since it requires no PIN - just hold down 1+2 to put it in discovery mode) you can try out the little DBP app attached to this post: Yep, the DLL works in DBP

It's not a straight-up DBP dll, but the DLL has a few special functions which allow easy usage from DBP via call dll. There's a lot of buggy stuff with it (e.g. I can't get a return code from my functions so I have no way to tell whether a wiimote is there or not) but it should work O-K.

Try it and see Hopefully I can get motion and stuff working 100% via DBP too (currently the test app only vibrates and lights up the LED's)

Note: Press escape to exit the demo otherwise the rumble won't stop correctly. That's one bug I need to fix

EDIT: The wiimote.dba contains the current functions for it so far, so you can take that out and experiment with it in your own apps

"History shall be kind to me, for I intend to write it" - Winston Churchill

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Oolite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jan 2007 15:15
Cool, i only got it to work when i connected it to bluesoleil, but when just in discovery mode it would not work.

I'd like to see this developed further as i mentioned here:
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=71107&b=18
There are the Cwiimote libraries i imagine you can take some help from.

Good luck

David R
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jan 2007 15:24 Edited at: 21st Jan 2007 21:44
Quote: "Cool, i only got it to work when i connected it to bluesoleil, but when just in discovery mode it would not work."

Yeah, that's annoying, since one of the reasons I didn't use CWiimote was because it was orientated mainly at the BlueSoleil stack

I have a Sitecom bluetooth stick, and it seemed to work fine here. Apparently I need to extend the demographic of BT sticks - Oolite, just out of interest, what manufacturer is your Bluetooth stick/adapter by?

But yeah, pleased it works in a vague kind of way, I was afraid I wasn't getting any posts because it was screwing up badly

Kentaree
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jan 2007 15:30
I'm using a D-Link DBT-122, it's an incredibly temperamental piece of hardware, one moment it works, the next it doesnt. I got your C++ library working yesterday, but today nothing will work

Oolite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jan 2007 16:05
Quote: "Yeah, that's annoying, since one of the reasons I didn't use CWiimote was because it was orientated mainly at the BlueSoleil stack"

The newer update of wiisticks supports more stacks so i'm sure its relatively easy to get other stacks to work, and it works with my XTNDConnect Blue Manager Software that came with my Dongle.

You can download the Bluesoleil thingy from here
Download rates are extremely slow but its a decent bit of software.

Not sure what my make of bluetooth is, can't find the installation CD or the case anywhere and it says nothing on the actual stick.

David R
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jan 2007 21:43 Edited at: 21st Jan 2007 21:43
Hmn, been having a few problems getting motion data from the wiimote I can't seem to get DBP to get a correct value via call dll. I've even tried casting into DWORDs and returning them, but to no avail.

Anyone have an example of return floats/ints etc. from a DLL?

zzz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jan 2007 22:02
Does this dll work with DBC? (I have no wiimote so I canĀ“t test it myself)
Because this dll would be perfect for my zelda-inspired dbc game Soulhunter.
Does the wiimote use bluetooth to send/recieve data?

Great work David, this looks like it could be useful for a lot of people!

Oolite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jan 2007 23:24
Shame to hear that David, i don't know C++ else i'd be offering my help.

Have you tried just converting the Cwiimote functions into the DBPro DLL?

zzz: yeah the wiimote uses bluetooth signal to connect to the wii/pc

Aaron Miller
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: osu!
Posted: 25th Jan 2007 06:26
Excuse me, David R,

I would be happy to do 1/both of the following, for you, if that's alright:

1) I can teach you/give a tutorial to you for making DBP Plugins
2) Convert your DLL, into a DBP DLL

Im pretty sure you would say "1" if any of those. It would be my honor to do either.

Cheers,

-db

destroy89
Years of Service
User Offline
I'd be interested in any results from this. I'd love to program some DBP games using the wii remote. I want to try sword control.
Roxas
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2007 12:50
Sorry for bump but i really need to know are u working on this? This would be great extra for my rpg

[B] - LINKIN PARK - [/B]
David R
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2007 18:40
Unfortunately not. I'm still tinkering with Wiimote support in general, but the DBP side of it has become somewhat problematic to support

Once I get my current project finished, and polish up Wiimote support so it can be used in said project, I _may_ be able to recode a DBP compatible wrapper for it.

Don't hold me to it though, because it's highly unlikely, sorry.

09-f9-11-02-9d-74-e3-5b-d8-41-56-c5-63-56-88-c0
Zombie 20
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2007 00:43
Quote: "Because this dll would be perfect for my zelda-inspired dbc game Soulhunter.
"

That would be amazing, I already want to play soulhunter, you get a wiimote plugin, i'll pay you .

DBUser-Is the dll written with pro or c++?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 12:48:20
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 12:48:20