Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Joystick Problem

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2007 18:19
I have code which is tested and works with DarkBasic Pro. Tried to convert it to work with VB Express and DarkGDK.net V1.0.8.0

Code is about input device handling... i have 2 game pads of the same type connected to the computer plus 1 joystick.

First problem: when the devices are of the same type and have the same name one cannot select between them as it is possible in DarkBasic Pro.

There is no equivalent of the second variant (note the second parameter)
SET CONTROL DEVICE Device Name$
SET CONTROL DEVICE Device Name$, Duplicate Index

Regardless of that problem even with just one gamepad and the joystick connected the

oDBInput.SetControlDevice(oDBSystem.ChecklistString(c))

line doesn't seem to work properly here.

It seems to switches something as the first device stops to respond when i try to select the 2nd device, but after that no device responds. when i select the 1st again the 1st device repsonds again.

So i can only access the 1st device.
APEXnow
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2007 19:07
I'll need to bring this issue up with Mike to see if those extra functions can be added. As for the last problem, this will need to be investigated.

Paul.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-06-29 04:01:42
Your offset time is: 2024-06-29 04:01:42