Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / probleme with multiplayer

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
well i biuld a multiplayer game.evry thing works when i test it
so i sent the game to my freind to play together.now the problem when he join my game he stay at "waiting to join..."
im the host but nothing appear in my screen like let's say your freind join the game or something like that.
i wanna now what is the probleme and what do i have to do.
it's not an ip probleme cause when i open the game i get an ip adresse
like this: 196.203.202.50
and when my freind click on join the game he found my server listed
plz i need help guys.
Butter fingers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2007 10:28
This is a VERY OLD bug, it is VERY well documented on the Bug report page.

1) Turn off all firewalls and Scanners.
2) open the setup.ini file and set randomspawn to 1

This is one of those random FPSC bug outs. I've found that if you go back to the editor, have a little tinker, change some entities and re-build, it can solve the problem.

and as a point, test mode for MP is in no way representative of the way it will play when Built

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2007 20:35
Quote: "test mode for MP is in no way representative of the way it will play when Built"

No kidding...I have a firewall and all of that and I used to have a router hooked up but I don't anymore.
I never had any problem hosting a multiplayer game...except for finding somebody to play with.
But,like Butters said,you have to tweak with all of the settings and generally you have to have the firewall turned off.
And playing a built game is nothing like playing a test game.
I hope that TGC eventually turns it attention to FPSC multiplayer.
I don't thing the engine will be as successful without having a much better multiplayer mode.

Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2007 20:38
Fred,let them fix the bugs that exist first before creating new ones please...

-Prince Of Darkness
G Myton
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2007 20:39
If you are using an older version of FPS one remidy i used was to copy all of the stuff in my FPSC Files floder in to my game directory (Not the levels!) it used to work fine for me then even with a high level firewall and ip of 192.1....

Vist http://www.freewebs.com/auroraaicreative/ For Alphatek Software, games and more.
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2007 22:13
Quote: "Fred,let them fix the bugs that exist first before creating new ones please..."

Now what fun would that be?

tworaf
Years of Service
User Offline
it doesn't work!!!!!!! this is makin me crazy guys
here is the game plz if any one can fix it that's will be so nice.

http://www.esnips.com/web/tworafsBusinessFiles

download testing(no shader effects)v0.2.1.rar

thanks in advance!!!!
Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2007 01:39 Edited at: 16th Feb 2007 01:42
Has anyone tried using Hamachi yet? It lets you simulate a LAN over the internet. Seeing as FPSC is only known to work over a LAN or a direct connection to the internet, I think it's worth a shot.

Quote: "But,like Butters said,you have to tweak with all of the settings and generally you have to have the firewall turned off."

Being directly connected to the internet without using a firewall can be a rather serious security risk..

Tempest (DBP/DBCe)
Multisync V1 (DBP)
RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2007 03:50
Quote: "I hope that TGC eventually turns it attention to FPSC multiplayer."

Glad I'm not the only one that hopes they turn their attention to multi player.

Commander in Chief
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2007 04:43
Yeah me too. Multiplayer is also a big part of a commercial game. One more thing, I WANT MULTIPLE LEVELS IN ONE EXE INCLUDING MP AND SP!!

(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!
Vindicator 209
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "it doesn't work!!!!!!! this is makin me crazy guys "

I had the same problem, infact, I rebuilt the same map twice and only one version works, and I have no idea whats the difference XD

anyway, have you a router? I didn't find it necessary, but I port fowarded, and it worked, even though I don't think it was necessary XD

try it XD
Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2007 06:26
Let's hope someone releases a fix for it soon then..

Tempest (DBP/DBCe)
Multisync V1 (DBP)
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2007 10:17
I haven't done anything with the MP since before they released the updates so I have no idea what MP is like now.
When I played the MP game I made with other people and somebody got fragged they would respawn but not be able to pick up any weapons.
I can't tell you how much fun it is to run around for 7 minutes trying not to get fragged because you can't pick up a gun (please not the sarcasm).
While I am focusing my efforts on a single player experience I wanted to make MP maps based on some of the levels in the game.
I cannot see TGC leaving MP as broken as it is.They will have to fix it sooner or later or this engine won't be able to compete with other engines.

Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2007 12:58
Quote: "I haven't done anything with the MP since before they released the updates so I have no idea what MP is like now."

I played MP over the internet last night. When you respawn you have to select your weapon again.

Quote: "They will have to fix it sooner or later or this engine won't be able to compete with other engines."

Looks like they won't need to - I've already done it. Well, it's hard to define 'fixing', but the game would upload the server's private network IP to the lobby server, which is rather silly if you want to play over the internet. I've added an option in the setup.ini file to choose between lan/internet, and it uploads the relevant ip address to the lobby server. I've found the port that needs to be forwarded on the server's router, and I assume that it only uses that one, although I'll do some more testing to be sure. I'll upload the fix later today.

Tempest (DBP/DBCe)
Multisync V1 (DBP)
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2007 14:57
Benjamin,That respawn part was the same in V1 as i remember.

-Prince Of Darkness
qshoper
Years of Service
User Offline
i have the same problem and none of the sugjestions i just read work for me either and many other people i know are having this problem

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 05:28:14
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 05:28:14