Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Light Mapping Prob *sigh*

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2007 12:28
hi
this damn lightmapper is sorta crap in way...not that it doesnt look good..but when i try to build my arena game it builds fine...add 1 light in...boom Debug error when it gets to [375] <-- i think thats it
take the light out...works good

ive recently made a single player lvl and add lights in...works like a treat (looks good, thats a nice lightmapper there)

so can anyone recomend anything, or help me fix it

Thanks

Mods Its 500x100
Fiberfrag
Years of Service
User Offline
What are you computer specs???

How many entities do you have in your map. There should be no issue add ing light. My levels have at least 30 lights in each level and work with no issues.

Fiberfrag
Commander in Chief
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2007 16:40 Edited at: 15th Feb 2007 16:40
I believe that light mapping doesnt work in MP.. atleast that's what I've heard. Try turning off dynamic lights or whatever, and if all else fails, build the finished game.exe and test it there.

(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!
Luciferia
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2007 16:57
please can people read the manual. lighting doesn't work in multiplayer maps. It only works in single player maps. this is to make the multi player games faster.
Butter fingers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2007 19:34
what are you talking about? I've built light mapped MP levels in V1 and V1.04 and they work fine*. No dynamic lights, but certainly use static.

I've had no problems, although with the new update lightmapping slows the MP to an unplayable speed.

*although lets be honest, the new update makes MP buggier than an ant farm

Mr Makealotofsmoke
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2007 22:12
so it works in MP, but it doesnt work in MP ??????
well
@Fiberfrag - look at my sig
@Commander in Chief - dont have any in the map and it is off
@Butter fingers - so it does work...but 1.04 makes MP worse...damn

Y dont fpsc make MP sorta good for once??
its always been to buggy...and now lightmaping doesnt work good, its just stupid...i know that not many people play fpsc MP but if they make MP better i reckon more people would

Mods Its 500x100
Inspire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2007 21:30
Make your multiplayer level like a single player one. When you are all finished, turn it back into a multiplayer game and place your guns and characters.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 05:27:09
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 05:27:09