Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / 3D Canvas, .X format and DarkPhysic

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi,

I'm working/studying DarkPhysic module to create a good vehicle.
I had some problems to create a new vehicle from scratch (the vehicle did not move as I expected).
So I tried to import "beach.x" (model used in DarkPhysic demos) and simply export it again in ".x". I used 3D Canvas.
I noticed that such model did not function any more!
Please try to do the same!

So I'm asking to myself... what's the right way to create a new vehicle and export it to use it in Dark Physic?

Can someone help me?

Thank you!

--Alessandro
JDforce
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2007 20:43
Not sure, but I recall somewhere I read that 3dcanvas does not export animated DirectX files.
If this is so, when you export the model you are actually deleting its joints and skinning info.

I had plenty of experimental model debugging with modelers, (gamespace, milkshape, max, carrara, fragmotion, truespace, shade, accutrans and C4D among others) and so far the most difficult part for them is to import an X file correctly (if they do at all), and hence exporting it removes many features, from normals, uv, joints, Etc.
Sadly you have to test them and ignore their promotional material.

One exception is fragmotion, which I finally kept as my main skinning and animation for X files, even though is the cheapest one. It also work great for analizing, modifying and converting models to other formats, and even does 3d paint. The author has added many of the features I asked, so am really satisfied with it as you can perceive. It has a free trial so you can test my theory about your problem.

May the 3d force B with U
ale870
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank you!
I will check it!

--Alessandro

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 07:45:54
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 07:45:54