Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / odbImage.SaveImage bug

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2007 01:30
I was making a tutorial (small one) to submit and ran into an amusing bug.

If you call ScreenGrab from within your game, you will notice something, GetImage is passed in your game screen width and height properly (in my case 800x600), but SaveImage always saves as a 1024x1024 no matter what the GetImage has in it.

Same goes for GetImageB no matter what you set the texture flag to.
Yea, I originally had the code as

oDBImage.GetImage(99999, 0, 0, oDBDisplay.ScreenWidth, oDBDisplay.ScreenHeight)

Added in the Dim statements to show that it didn't matter.
I'll add this code, with it modified back up in the article thread.

APEXnow
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2007 17:02 Edited at: 16th Feb 2007 17:04
These need to be posted in the Bugs forum, therefore I will move them.

[EDIT] Actually, I'll leave them here for now, but... Could you possibly put together just a small brief description of the commands you have found problems with and send them to me. Reason is, is that a formal bug list is already being put together by a number of other people, and I'd like to keep them in one place.

THanks.

Paul.

Zumwalt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2007 17:27
Sure, I've just been posting them here as I go along because of the info I got from Tech Support on where to post bugs:

Quote: "
To help us solve problems such as this we need as much detailed information from you as possible. It will help if you can provide a small example program for each problem you encounter and then we can assist you in solving the problem. Without information such as this it is hard for us to know exactly what the problem is. I would suggest posting these reports on our GDK forum http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_read&i=22 and we while investigate them.
"

If you want them emailed to you I will do that, if you want them posted, I'll do that. I'll help as much as I can because this is a godsend of an application, can't wait for my plugins to start to work with it! (darkphysics, darkai, ezrotate, etc)
APEXnow
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2007 17:58
Well, it's good that we can keep a tab on what problems arise, it's just that I don't want the forum flooded with bug reports as it's difficult to keep track of all the postings. If they are posted in the proper bug forum (identifying the product, and problem at hand) it's easier to keep an eye on what's been sorted, and what hasn't). Or as I suggested earlier, put them into an email so that I can add them to the official bug report.

Paul.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-06-29 04:18:49
Your offset time is: 2024-06-29 04:18:49