Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / oDBDisplay.OverrideHwnd bug

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2007 04:29
This was one of the more amusing bugs to locate:

Purpose: have the window be in a windows form so that I can add windows menus and handle key events via the form events.

Bug: original window is still created, all key events are handled in the original window and mouse events are also handled in the original window, on top of that the original window is created when it should never have gotten created to begin with!

Result will be that the game will load in the desired window, overlapping the window created by the engine, and the form will handle no events..

This is really funny to see.
On to the next bug discovery I go..
APEXnow
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2007 17:01
We're already aware of this, and I'm working on it.

Zumwalt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2007 17:37
I would think that the problem lies in the instansiation of the oDBDisplay object at the time you call the SetDisplayMode, there needs to be one more property for that method called (target hWnd) at the end.

Otherwise, the core takes over and generates a new window with its own hwnd, so it might not be something you can do and would have to pass back to the original creators of the core.

Have them add an optional parameter for hWnd, if its ommited or 0, then create using its own window, if its not, then shove it into the hWnd given to it.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-06-29 03:54:51
Your offset time is: 2024-06-29 03:54:51