Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / dark AI and dark Physics for GDK?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2007 02:22
well, i wonder too... is it available/going to be available any time soon?

Why do they have BRAIL on Drive-Up ATM Machines?
http://www.tamperstudios.com
Miguel Melo
Years of Service
User Offline
I have asked myself the same thing... I bought both in December to take advantage of the sale, but I really don't see myself using them that much as long as they are DBP-only.

Unfortunately, that's not the only question in my mind, though. Even they do do get ported over to the GDK, it remains to be seen if you will have to pay for it again for the GDK binding...

I have vague plans for World Domination
Zumwalt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2007 18:53
I also own them. Also EZRotate amongst other things, I am giving it time to see how this all transpires, you have to understand, DarkGDK.Net is very new, on top of that, they are working on a DX10 version in parallel.
Miguel Melo
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "you have to understand, DarkGDK.Net is very new"

I'd be happy if they made it available for the classic C++ GDK to start off, as that's what I own...

I have vague plans for World Domination
genius
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2007 00:29
Quote: "I'd be happy if they made it available for the classic C++ GDK to start off, as that's what I own.."

Yeah, but if you get visual studio (i got an education version $130), it is so worth it... go to ebay, its cheap... i got version 2005 professional for $130, plus as i understand the GDK is just C++ library and header files, so C++ code none-the-less. So you are just using pre-made header files... Plus C++ runs much faster than Dark Basic or any other form of basic because it is a parent compiler, plus you have the advantage of object-oriented programming... all in all, it is the best to do

tindex
Years of Service
User Offline
I am looking forward to DarkPhysics and dark AI for DGDK.net (C# in my case) too. I am leaving C++ and I will use it if all doors close for now.
genius
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2007 20:50
why not C++?

Redmotion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2007 19:14
http://www.zelsnack.com/jason/JttZ/Novodex_NET_Wrapper/

This is a free dot NET wrapper for Ageia PhysX (works with C#) and I've tested it out with another engine and it seems to work ok. I don't have Dark GDK yet but am learning C# pretty quickly.

It only supports 2.5.1 version of PhysX but the wrapper source code is available - someone with good coding skills could probably add the soft bodies and software fluids to the wrapper - I've looked at it and it seems way over my head.

CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2007 19:32
where do you see the source code download for the 2.5.1 version of this?

London 7/7/05 = 1 in 10^38 Alex Jones: Terror Storm
Ron Paul '08
Redmotion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2007 11:40
Actually, the code is for 2.4.4 - the download is called "NovodexWrapperCode". Download it, open it in C#. I don't think there is much in the way of changes between the two (2.4 and 2.5).

Thing is, it would be a good thing to test the wrapper dll with DarkGDK. See if someone can get it working.

CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2007 12:33
ok, I saw the 2.4 version had the source and figured thats what you meant. thanks for the info

London 7/7/05 = 1 in 10^38 Alex Jones: Terror Storm
Ron Paul '08

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 23:18:59
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 23:18:59