Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / VC Express problem

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2007 10:29 Edited at: 17th Feb 2007 11:37
Hi, i am getting this error.What am i doing wrong

------ Build started: Project: start, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
Linking...
LINK : warning LNK4031: no subsystem specified; CONSOLE assumed
LIBCMT.lib(crt0.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _main referenced in function ___tmainCRTStartup
Cocuments and SettingsazzMy DocumentsVisual Studio 2005ProjectsstartReleasestart.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals
Build log was saved at "file://cocuments and SettingsazzMy DocumentsVisual Studio 2005ProjectsstartstartReleaseBuildLog.htm"
start - 2 error(s), 1 warning(s)
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========
*edit*
i think its because i created and used a empty project but i cant see win32 project only win32 console project
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2007 11:38 Edited at: 17th Feb 2007 11:39
The problem is with this line:

no subsystem specified; CONSOLE assumed

You need to ensure that the code is compiled as a windows app, not a console app.

Open up the properties window for your app, and (hoping it's the same for express as it is for pro) select linker->system from the tree on the left, then set the subsystem on the right to Windows.

Make sure the setting is correct for both release and debug.

[EDIT]Thinking about it a little more, this might solve part of the problem - we'll move on to the next bit if it does.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-06-29 04:06:29
Your offset time is: 2024-06-29 04:06:29