Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Can you have different viedo cards with fpscreatorX10

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2007 00:38
can you????

I'm remaking Soul Survivor
Candle_
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2007 01:17
Huh?

MY FPSC FILES
Silent Thunder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2007 04:10
if you mean DX9 cards, i would guess not......

Be sure to check the forum for special offers, and free stuff!
300 win mag
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2007 04:28
no i mean DX10

I'm remaking Soul Survivor
Silent Thunder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2007 05:56
then what do you mean by "different" video cards?

Be sure to check the forum for special offers, and free stuff!
MK83
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2007 06:09
theres currently only one dx10 card, 8800gpu.

http://www.mk83productions.com http://www.freewebs.com/mk83
Benjamin A
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2007 22:40 Edited at: 18th Feb 2007 22:46
Yes you can, but you have to wait until someone releases more DX10 cards. Currently there's only one card being able to work with DX10 and it's not cheap.

I wouldn't be suprised that in the end Microsoft drops DX10 and reverts back to DX9 in some way (which they already taken steps towards by making Vista dual for DX9 & DX10), since there hardly seems to be any enthusiasm with hardware developers to even support DX10.

Having one card only for it even at the point of Vista's release isn't good at all.

Also buyers are holding off, since one card isn't much to compare and choose from. Buy 8800 for lot's of money now and see another Dx10 released in a months or so that is much cheaper and much better. If that will even be the case, since many game devopers and even major studios aren't planning on supporting DX10 for a while either.

I would seriously wait a while before investing anything at all into DX10, you may end up wasting a lot of money on some gadget. I'm still wondering why TGC is even running so much ahead of the market, they may be running into a huge disaster in the end, having spent a lot of time, energy and resources on something that may in the end turn out to be one huge hype and a lot of hot air. Wouldn't be the first time that happens when it comes to something Microsoft tried to push.....

http://www.gamefun4u.nl/index.html
GameFun4U, the ultimate funtainment. Cool Games and Resources for your own games.
Steve J
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2007 22:50
@Benjamin A: Surely you know NOTHING of the market then. Just because there is a stand still, doesnt mean anything. Nvidia are waiting for AMD to develop the R600 chipset, so they can try and beat it, while AMD is making it as advanced as possible. Eventually they will release it, and both sides will have an arms race to provide the best GFX cards. IT ISNT A WASTE. The only reason that Vista is dual is so that it can play older games (DX10 doesnt support DX 9, but DX 9 supports DX 8, 7, ect).. Seriously, stop pushing things you dont understand. You make it sound...so degraded.

Support Freedom by supporting fascism. For under hard conditions freedom prevails, while under stagnation, it crumbles to dust.
Benjamin A
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2007 22:52
Only time will tell, my friend.

http://www.gamefun4u.nl/index.html
GameFun4U, the ultimate funtainment. Cool Games and Resources for your own games.
bond1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2007 05:36 Edited at: 19th Feb 2007 05:38
Yeah the fact is, dx10 is the next version of directx, plain and simiple. Microsoft won't simply drop it and keep dx9 around forever just because there aren't many dx10 games right now. Since it's a new standard, they kinda HAVE to keep around dx9 for a while until dx10 becomes the de facto.

I'll tell you what though, this 8800 isn't just marginally faster than my Geforce 7900. It is orders of magnitude faster! I can now throw just about anything at FPSC with full shader effects on, with framerates in the 28-33 range consistently. It just absolutely smokes, and this is all with dx9! Since dx10 supposedly has a ten-fold faster graphics rendering pipeling over dx9, things look even brighter.

So for me, this is really exciting knowing that this is going to be the standard in graphics cards in the coming months and years.

----------------------------------------
"Your mom goes to college."
My FPSC stuff at http://www.hyrumark.com
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2007 10:06
Quote: "Currently there's only one card being able to work with DX10 and it's not cheap."

That's an understatement...last I looked those cards were running around $800 USD...maybe a few bucks more.
You can bet I am waiting for a price drop.
DirectX 10 is the future and that's the way it's gonna be...
Bill Gates doesn't care if nobody likes it...we still have to use it and he still gets our money.
This upgrading business is sure expensive...

bond1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2007 15:16 Edited at: 19th Feb 2007 15:18
I got the 8800GTS for $479. I've paid more for graphics cards in the past I'm ashamed to say. Actually that is quite a deal for the performance you get. Beats any current dx9 card SLI configuration. Like any new tech, if you wait the price WILL drop.

----------------------------------------
"Your mom goes to college."
My FPSC stuff at http://www.hyrumark.com
SamHH
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Mar 2007 21:01
you can get a 320mb 8800 card at tierdirect for $300.
Steve J
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Mar 2007 01:15
@FredP: Noob comment man. Bill Gates really has nothing to do with this. He isn't a software engineer, the, well software engineers are.

He also isn't even CEO, or have a direct full decision voice.

Plus the cards are as cheap as $340.

pleading and needing and bleeding and breeding and feeding exceeding..where is everybody? trying and lying defying denying crying and dying..where is everybody?
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Mar 2007 02:12
Quote: "@FredP: Noob comment man. Bill Gates really has nothing to do with this. He isn't a software engineer, the, well software engineers are.

He also isn't even CEO, or have a direct full decision voice."

Hmmm...I be he can tell them to do whatever he wants just like anybody else.
The fact is that Microsoft could give the Vista OS away.
How many billions of dollars do you need to make anyways?
As far as I am concerned Bill Gates is responsible for anything his company does.
Everything else is just excuses.
He can tell people what to do.Whether he chooses to or not is his decision.
This is just my "noob" opinion and I am going to express it.
If anybody's waiting for me to say something nice about Bill then Bill can cough up all the bucks to upgrade my rig since I am on a limited income.

Steve J
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Mar 2007 04:23
You do realize that vista will run on almost every machine that xp does if you disable aero correct..?

pleading and needing and bleeding and breeding and feeding exceeding..where is everybody? trying and lying defying denying crying and dying..where is everybody?
Veron
Years of Service
User Offline
Microsoft's specs for Vista are strange, they say the mimimum system requirements for Vista Ultimate is:

800MHz 32-Bit (x86) or 64-Bit (x64) processor
512MB RAM
20GB Hard Disk (15GB for Installation)
800x600 Compatible Graphics Card

What i'd say the specs for Vista Ultimate are would be more like:

2GHz Pentium 4 or Athlon 2800+ and above
2GB RAM
20GB Hard Disk (15GB for Installation)
AMD or Nvidia discrete graphics adaptor less than two years old

Does anyone here own any edition of Vista? I'd be interested to see how well it runs on you PC.

Need web design help with PHP or XHTML? E-mail me!
http://veron.sitesled.com Visit Veron! Free games, programs and applications! Made in DBPRO, FPSC, and C++!
pkburr02
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Mar 2007 05:03
I might be wrong (since unlike my wife, I HATE keeping up with other poeple) but didn't Bill Gates step down completely as far as Microsoft is concerned? I don't think he does anything anymore at MS, he just shows up for photo ops when they release something, other wise he's always doing stuff with his wife on some charity thing.

Stupid people are like Slinkies, it's fun to watch them fall down stairs. And some times you need to give them a push.
Steve J
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Mar 2007 05:23
Kind of, he permanently leaves 08. He is kind of phasing out.

Slayer Simon
Years of Service
User Offline
Maybe he should set up a charity to upgrade poor people's computer parts.
Steve J
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2007 04:50
I think he has more important charity funds, such as, oh yah AIDs and Africa

RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2007 06:02
Quote: "Maybe he should set up a charity to upgrade poor people's computer parts."

lol thats funny.
i'd probably be one to get a computer.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 07:20:53
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 07:20:53