Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Model pack bundles

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2007 08:04
I noticed that if you buy fpscreator, you have the opportunity to buy all the model packs and the sprite pack at a 25% discount.

However, if I already own fpscreator (and I do) and model pack 1 (got it free as a early adopter), and I want to buy all the other packs, is there a special bundle or discounted price (or loyalty price)?

Thanks for considering my question.

Mike

Need music for your games? http://www.mfelkerco.com
Michael S
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2007 09:38
I dont think there is. But if you have been here since 2004 shouldent you know that?

Karma Composer 2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2007 09:48
Thank you for such a totally useless response.

I will remember to ignore you as much as possible.

Feel free to never post a reply to anything I ask again.

Thank you.

Mike

filya
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2007 10:44
Karma, sorry to say this man, but if you don't know how to talk to people on these forums, I don't think you are ever going to get responses to any of your problems.
Good luck trying to get any help with that attitude!

-- game dev is fun...but taking up too much time --
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2007 12:29
As a mod I have to be diplomatic so...
Eureka,your post was uncalled for...just because somebody's join date is in 2004 does not mean they spent any time on the forums.
I have,on occassion,seen posts from people that have joined in 2004 that were making their first post.
Karma,
I do agree it was a useless response and I can be as guilty of Eureka of assuming that because someone has a join date of 2004 that they should or should not know something.
As far as the rest of your post goes...filya is right.With that kind of attitude you are going to have a hard time getting help around here.
Eureka and Karma (and to anyone else this applies to)...As a mod I have found it necessary to crack down over the last few weeks because people can't be nice or civil or use common sense when they post.
If you can't treat your fellow developers with some amount of courtesy and respect then don't expect to be posting on these forums.
We all have the right to be treated with some level of decency.

Karma Composer 2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2007 15:54 Edited at: 18th Feb 2007 20:37
Sorry everyone.

I was a little [mod edit] that someone would treat me with disrespect so quickly.

My apologies to anyone that I upset over my reply.

Many years ago, this place was overrun with immature people and I simply left. I posted something after a long time and got the EXACT same kind of crap all over again.

You can see why I was snide.

Again, my apologies.

Mike

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2007 20:39
Last year we had problems with people who wanted to be rude and act like you describe.That is why the FPSC boards now have their own mods...
I can understand your point of view.Our goal as moderators is to make everyone's experience here as safe and pleasant as possible.

Karma Composer 2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2007 06:00
The question still remains,

Is there any possible way to buy most or all the expansion packs as a bundle or do you have to buy them piece meal?

Thanks for any replies.

Mike

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2007 10:03
Not that I know of.If there is it should be on the FPS Creator home page.

Karma Composer 2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2007 14:13
Thank you.

Too bad.

Okay, next question.

Other than model pack 1 (which I have), what are the next BEST 3 packs to get? I'm talking essentials here.

Thanks once again.

Mike

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2007 14:53
This depends largely on what you deem important for your levels. If you want more characters, I suggest getting Model Pack #2. If you want more entities, model Pack #3 is what you want. The Sprite Pack should be a given though. There are 2 great weapon packs to choose from (#5 and #6), each with their own look.

Oh, and welcome back.

-Keith

Karma Composer 2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2007 15:31
Thank you.

Great advice.

I guess I am looking for all of the above. More characters, weapons and, of course, the sprite pack.

One thing I see missing is music.

I am a professional (working) composer. I wonder if a music pack would benefit everyone? Once upon a time, I used to create some freebie packs here and there and the response was good.

What do you think? Would people want this? Or is there a freebie source where people get their music for games they make? Would people be interested in a "for pay" commercial music pack?

Thanks again.

Mike

xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 19th Feb 2007 16:11
You're right about the lack of music, but we are beginning to see more lately. As people get closer to releasing their work, we should see more interest.

There are many new users and some of the ones that were here when you joined have left. The general rule here seems to be that you must show your potential before attempting to "get into peoples pockets" as some have put it. Showing your work and offering a few samples/freebies works well.

Welcome back.

Best.

I'm sorry, my answers are limited. You must ask the right question.

Karma Composer 2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2007 17:14
That will be quite easy. I have been a professional composer for almost 20 years. I have TONS of demos, projects, etc.

Not to mention the free packs I gave away many years ago. My chops, of course, at this point are far better, as is my equipment and software.

I will be happy to create new demos, send people to recent works, etc.

It's not that I want to "get into people's pockets," so to speak.

Firstly, a great many (and I hazard to assume) people here are young adults who more than likely don't have the means or the need to purchase music for their games (be it because of hobby status or because they can find the more "FREE" kind of music instead of spending their allowance or hard-earned cash).

Second, even if the mean average FPS Creator developer/indie did need music, they will more than likely scour the internet for free stuff instead of buying.

The main buyers of music for game creation are studios that are investing major dollars into the games they are producing and music scoring is a part of that expenditure.

I just wanted to see if there was an interest or a need - mainly curiosity to be honest.

Mike

xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 19th Feb 2007 18:02
Mike,

You've hit the forum nail on the head. I just bought a small music pack for $2.50, but most here will not even spend that. The combination of age/available funds and actually having a game ready for music are the two main factors I think.

I am however seeing an influx of more experienced/economically viable (sometimes it's hard to be politically correct here) persons on the boards and it's nice to know that your experience and service is available if need be. I do believe that the interest will continue to grow as the software and users mature.

Best.

I'm sorry, my answers are limited. You must ask the right question.

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2007 21:21
I am always interested in media...but especially music.There is a growing amount of it on the FPSC forums but still not nearly enough.
Xplosys is right.For whatever reason (and there is a wide variety of them ranging from they can't afford it to their parents won't let them buy it to simply they are just too cheap...the list goes on and on) apps,media,etc. tend not to sell really well around here.
It is one of the reason I encourage people to make their products for a larger audience and not just FPSC...if possible.
In the case of music you can make it available to everybody not just FPSC members.
If you are going to release something and charge for it please hurry before my girlfriend beats me and takes my credit card away...just kidding (about you hurrying...she might still beat me and take my card away).
You will find a core group of people that are very interested in your media.It shouldn't take you very long to figure out who they are.
I know I am interested in it.
As far as the model packs go it is a good idea to check the FPS Creator homepage from time to time...you never know when they will post a deal there.
Also I think that sooner or later TGC will be offering the model packs in bundles (this is just my opinion).It would make good business sense and they could make some more money off of them.

Karma Composer 2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2007 22:27
Great!

I will get some demos and freebies together to start. I can pretty much compose to almost any genre.

Mike

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 05:34:17
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 05:34:17