Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Stupid newbie questions

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I have what should be known as a set of stupid questions.
Some months back I bought the FPS and never had a chance to get into it. I've recently started fiddling with it and I'm wondering exactly how versatile it is.

I assume there are of course programs which allow you to add physics, realistic damage etc...however I'm wondering if it would be at all possible to add things such as parachuting, rappelling, advanced squad tactics/commands...as well as a way to realitically position weapons (I hate having the weapon at the right hand, bottom corner of the screen) I'm also looking into 3D programs, though I doubt I'll ever be truly proficient with them.

I have an idea for a Counter Terror based game, yet I feel my ambitions may exceed the boundries of FPS. I'd love to insert by helo, als rather than having an ammo count I'd prefer to have a clip count and a minimum number of weapons allowed at one time. Also I'd like to add in paper targets, etc...I think I might be overstepping my own potential and that of the program.

Wondering if anyone can tell me, based on their experience how far one can go with just FPS and what programs I should consider (mind you if I ever make a game it'll be a freebie, this is a hobby). As soon as I get my new Debit card I plan to download a model pack each payday...Sorry if these questions are incredibly inept.

People sleep peacefully in their beds at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their Behalf
Zdrok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2007 01:58
Uhhh.......wait till you have #1,000 dollars, and buy a professional program. To video-game making pros, FPSC is a laughingstock.

GunCell: Chrome Soldier

Arriving in 2007.
Benjamin A
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2007 02:21
I'm not totally folowing your reasoning.... if you already know your game is far beyond FPSC capabilities, why even invest anymore money into it?

Quote: "Wondering if anyone can tell me, based on their experience how far one can go with just FPSC"

Not to far, unfortunally. FPSC is quite limited in what it allows you to do. Don't expect to create much more then a basic fps game with it. For what you want, you're better off looking at the Torque engine or 3D Gamestudio A6. They're much more advanced the FPSC, compared to them FPSC is only a cool toy. (In case anyone is wondering why DarkBasic Pro isn't in the list, simply because DBPro has always failed to impress me and the other two are much better and have a good number of succesful titles created with them to back up their success.)

BUT..... to use those, you have to learn to properly script, know where to find models (or model yourself), know how to texture and so on. While they are more advanced then FPSC, the lack content and there's no real drag & drop in them. That's the major advantage of FPSC, lot's of model packs and easy to use, but if it's worth the limitations, that's really up to you to decide.

Best thing to do before buying anything at all is create a few levels with the stock content that comes with FPSC. Create a level you want and that way you can see if FPSC suits your needs. If it does fine, buy more content. If it doesn't, look elsewhere and don't pour more money into it. [b]Instead of us telling you what we think, experience it yourself, since you own FPSC already, use it with what comes with it.[/b]

http://www.gamefun4u.nl/index.html
GameFun4U, the ultimate funtainment. Cool Games and Resources for your own games.
Koda
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for the advice, I really don't think FPS can cater to my needs. Guess I'll save up my pennies and get a better program. Oh well.

People sleep peacefully in their beds at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their Behalf

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 05:26:23
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 05:26:23