Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / A question about textures

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2007 06:34
I recently started using some of the textures from my dark matter installation, and thought i might make a small segment pack using the textures in the pack for the segments.

However, my question is this.

Am i allowed to, by lisence, use the textures in my creations such as segments, entities, etc.. and then distribute the finished media that use the dark matter textures as part of a finished pack?

THe reason im asking is because i don't want TGC on my rear when i distribute media that use dark matter textures

Thanks,

MonT

http://www.pyrogames.org
Avenging Eagle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2007 09:46
I use certain entities from dark matter and here's what i've found:

It's OK to use it yourself, but not to redistribute it. There's no point in TGC making a pack for people to buy just so one does and then redistributes its contents to the rest. TGC wants people to buy their pack, so they don't allow any non-personal use of their stuff. As far as i'm anywhere, you can use it in commercial or non-commercial games but you cannot share it under any circumstances.

Hope that helps,
AE

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2007 10:01
The license states that you may use the media from Darkmatter in your games but you may not distribute the media in any other way.
Basically,distrbuting the textures is illegal and a violation of the AUP.

MonT
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2007 18:37
Alright, thanks for the answer

http://www.pyrogames.org

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 05:29:46
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 05:29:46