Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / segment editor problem

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2007 18:00
I have downloaded the segment editor off of the fpscreator website, and i have followed the tutourials to make a simple segment, but i wanted to try something different so loaded the "wall_a.x" into gamespace and cut a hollow into it, i saved it and loaded it into the segment editor and made a segment with it, i then calculated the visibility and then saved it as "myseg2.fps" i put the files into fpsc, i then loaded fpsc and the thumbnail was in the segments section i selected my segment and i got a runtime error 7001-mesh number illegal at line 9961. all the stages of the problem as screenys are attached.

"if somebody could help that would be great"

Thank you -Mis-

Attachments

Login to view attachments
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2007 19:18
Get Signs IV.It is great for making segments.

misfit44
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2007 19:25
Thanx for the advice fred,
many thanx
-Mis-
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2007 00:35
No problem.You will find Signs IV useful for a lot of things.
It is an indispenable tool for using FPSC.

misfit44
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2007 16:29
Thanx Fred

-Mis-
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2007 17:24
I do everything by hand,so i know the problem lays with me and not the program.As i have some bad experiences with programs.they NEVER do what i want them to do unless i make them myself...(and even then they have a mind of theyr own...)

But yeah,Signs is the best way for now.(Unless you want to learn doing it manualy.wich is also easy.)

-Prince Of Darkness
misfit44
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2007 17:52
Yes Darkness i would love to learn how to learn how to do it manualy. Could you tell me plz.

-Mis-
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2007 17:55
Its quite difficult to explain,but here is it in basics:

For a wall,You have .fps files(First Person Segments)

They contain all data,but we only need Texture = and model =

Those you need to replace with your own model and texture.thats all you have to do in basics.offcourse you might want to adjust the scale or offset.but thats more difficult.

-Prince Of Darkness
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2007 17:57
By hand is easy enough but 50 times slower then Signs. It's always nice for you to know all the rules before you learn what to break them with though. I advise tearing your FPSC folder apart first and get an idea how things work. This will not only tell you the terminology for future questions, but may teach you enough not to ask some of the more mundane questions.

Now to your Question:
The screen shots you provided really tell us very little. There could be any number of problems, from the mesh it self to corruption from the FPSC segment creator, which you know from the vids is barely even a house tool. I suggest trying to make it by hand. If your still getting an error, maybe there's something that's wrong with the mesh(perhaps there's some world coordinates error from your modeling software that can't be tolerated by the engine).

We've also come across problems resulting from versions and from graphics cards. Again your best bet is going to be to start out small and reverse engineer your problem by hand. This isn't a real answer to your problem I realize, but your trying to use FPSC(as many of us are) in a manner in which it wasn't designed. Using the stock media is going to be trouble free for the most part, it's that custom stuff thats gonna slow your roll a lil. Take some time and look at the files yourself. Please don't expect every new guy like yourself, to get the same answers re-hashed over and over.

Your going to have to work at this or point and click yourself a game together.

Good luck
Loc
misfit44
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2007 18:04
Thanx Darkness and Loc, i will have a look what i can do. Thanx for the advice and help.

-Mis-
AlanC
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2007 20:59
Quote: "Get Signs IV.It is great for making segments."

Fred you work for TGC and your not recommending your own product?

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2007 21:08
TGC/FPSC moderators are volunteers and don't work for TGC.
The free segment creator released for FPSC is an internal tool released by TGC for FPSC users who wanted to get their hands dirty.
I think they were going to release a cleaned-up version of it but then Signs and Magic FPS were released,negating the need for this.

Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2007 22:04
As many applications that missed or were just not good enough,the community is always the one who have to make one...Oh well.

I dont mind coding anything.but well...my system's turn against me I make something,i make it a little too smart...I coded my lego robot to learn from moving envirement...it now attacks my cats while they only move theyr tails...

NEVER EVER let me program your robots...My cat's are justise of this horrifieng experiment.(No seriously...my cats are hiding if i come down with that robot...not funny...)

-Prince Of Darkness

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 05:32:06
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 05:32:06