Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Stopping a character with a switch

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2007 19:12 Edited at: 20th Feb 2007 19:49
Hi

I have been using FPSC for a year now even though my join date is only a few months ago and i was wondering one thing. How could you stop a character by using a switch? So i tryed to search but didnt know what to write. Please do not flame me.

EDIT- If this is in the wrong thread thing please move it

Best and cheese
Me, Myself and I

Slayer Simon
Years of Service
User Offline
I shall now apply my scripting knowledge...

Go to the scriptbank folder and open the script your switch is using(probably switch.fpe)using notepad.

Near the end of the script (all the funny words 'n stuff) there should be a line that contains the words activatifused=1.

Change this words to activateifused=2

In the switches properties, specify the name of the character you wish to affect in the IFUSED field

Now open the script your character is using (probably shoot.fpi if your character is shooting at you, or pace.fpi if he isn't supposed to)-These are located in the people folder inside the scriptbank folder.

Between the last line of code (funny words) and the line saying ";end of script" insert this line exactly as you see it :activated=2:freeze
or
:activated=2:destroy (if you want it to run the destroy script)

IMPORTANTNOTE: Do not write on these scripts directly (because you do want to keep them), instead, copy the script, give it your own name, and specify the script in the script fields for your character.

READ THIS this is alot less complicated than it seems. You can't damage the game at all unless you overwrite the original script. (make sure you copy a new one first)

Many people mistake scripting as being complicated, but it isn't that hard.

anything else? just post...

PS: if I made your brain explode, send me the screenshot.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 05:29:16
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 05:29:16