Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Can anybody actually answer a question about remapping "forward" to Mouse button 2?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Sorry for the long subject line! I've been searching through the forums for a definitive answer to this question but despite at least one other person asking the same thing there still doesn't appear to be a simple answer posted anywhere. If there is and I couldn't find it then a point in the right direction would really be appreciated.

Oh and (I'm asking nicely) please don't reply unless you have a constructive answer to this problem (sorry mods but reading thru the forums there seems to be at least a few quite negative people here who have nothing better to do than post cynical replies to genuine questions!).

The question is - can anyone please tell us how to simply map foreward movement to the Mouse 2 button for use in FPSC games (and for testing levels). This is still a fairly popular control mapping among old FPS nuts and a hangover from the old original Quaking days which I've never grown out of!

Please don't say "just change it when building the game" as mouse 2 CANNOT be entered here (try it!). I know the .ini files very simply list simple commands with corresponding scancodes for the mapped keys. Can a scancode for mouse buttons just be entered here so it works in-game and if so what are the codes for each of the mouse buttons? I've had no luck so far finding this info.

Thanks in advance if you can finally clear this up for us folks still in the dark about this irritating problem
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 21st Feb 2007 16:04
Mysterious Sausage,

You've pretty much figured it out. We as end users of the program have no access to the mouse commands or assignments. It would have to be changed in the source or the source would heve to be changed to allow access.

Best.

I'm sorry, my answers are limited. You must ask the right question.

Candle_
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2007 18:51
Use autoit to remap your key board.

MY FPSC FILES
Vindicator 209
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2007 01:13 Edited at: 22nd Feb 2007 01:16
w00t! Go AutoIt Users!!! WOOT!!! You just made my day by saying that =D

I'm Sorry, got carried away... anyway, yea, you can't do much to achieve what you want to, you could learn some scripting and mess with stuff, but I doubt you would want to bother with that ehy? Though, autoit IS an alternative =P

~Vindicator

AutoIt is the future. obey.
Mysterious Sausage
Years of Service
User Offline
Hmmm bugger! Ok thanks for the responses guys. Seems crazy really that control options are limited this way so as to penalise us poor bast*rds that use Mouse 2 for forward in all our FPSs.

Autoit (http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/) looks interesting but tis a pity I'm just a poor pleb with no scripting experience!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 05:33:53
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 05:33:53