Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / [LOCKED] Couple of quests about Modeling and Coding

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2007 08:51
Well, I have not posted for a while, like many others I have been wrapped up in other projects. I am nearing a stage where I need to ask a couple of questions that cross a bit of Modeling and Coding. I will be happy if I can be pointed in the right direction.

I am using Wings 3d (simple yet nice basic proto-typer) and Caligari Game Space ( a monster in itself). I have been learning to make basic shapes and some basic modeling and texturing... (see picture)

and a screeny from a game shot

Now I am about to work on "attaching" a missile on the underside of the wing. I plan on having it show up on the screen with the model, when it's fired off it it's removed.

So I am looking at, how do I make or code in a node to the "fighter" model to attacth another model, the "missile". Plan on using something similar for "turrets" on larger ships. So I am thinking this maybe similar to attaching a "gun" model to a human model. Is this the part where I need to work on creating a "skeleton"?

Not 100% for sure. Looking for some pointers.

There are many answers but just one question" ~ Jerilith the Mad
APEXnow
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2007 10:49 Edited at: 23rd Feb 2007 10:50
Timidon, two problems regarding this thread. First of all, it's more related to modelling, therefore it should be posted in the correct forum. Also, you refer to Caligari Game Space. This forum is for users of DarkGDK and DarkGDK.NET.

I have locked this thread for now, so can you please post in the appropriate forum, thank you.

Paul.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 23:14:15
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 23:14:15