Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / How about a FPS Creator on the XBOX360 ?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
How about a FPS Creator on the XBOX360 ?

Sure you might be limited to a lot of things but the 360 could handle it.You could even down load all the expansions (packs) on the xboxlive .The game would be just like the PC version , no need for any fancy graphics.I'm sure some things can be improved for the xbox360.Like to step up to 720p or 1080i ( I think 720p would be fine ).Just take a look at " Timespliters 3 : Future Perfect "There were no fancy graphics just "480p" and some cool idea's . I think the level editor worked well;just limited due to disk space.There should of been a second disk for just the level editor .A game based on "just" FPS creativity on a console for the first time would be a hit for "the Gamecreators".They can make a good profit and introduce a lot of other gamers out there to the "FPS Creator" and to "the gamecreators".Which would lead to FPS Creator 2.
They would make a example to other game company's in the future.

Nailed to the Gun on:,
IOLO1984@Myspace.com
"IOLO1984" Gammertag On XBOXLIVE
RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2007 18:06
NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN.

Silent Thunder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2007 18:18
Quote: "Which would lead to FPS Creator 2."

They already made an FPS Creator X10 version.

Your signature has been erased by a mod because it's larger than 600x120
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2007 18:36
Xbox 360 doesnt support DBP coding languge...so ig your so desperate to get it on the 360,get XNA and make it yourself.

tyrano man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2007 18:48
also you wouldn't be able to sell your games, this idea is pretty pointless.

Woot Kingdom hearts owns!
shovebot
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2007 19:30 Edited at: 24th Feb 2007 20:11
It certainly became more possible with the recent release of XNA, but it would require real effort.

One way you could manage this is by creating a .NET based language that has the same syntax as DBPro and uses the XNA library. The end result should be the ability of compiling DBPro code just as well on the .NET based language.

Another way is to just port FPS Creator to C# and XNA.

They seem like fun projects, and require a whole load of research. As I said, it needs a huge amount of effort. Plus, you'd probably want to talk to the TGC guys about this before you let anything out into the public.

tyrano man: it will come in time. Microsoft is still working out the security framework on it, this is just the first step.

EDIT: oh, I guess he meant FPS Creator ON the 360, not the games.

[url="http://www.shovebotgames.com/"]shovebot games: shoving soon![/url]
IOLO1984
Years of Service
User Offline
Ya well ,I figured I would get a negative response .

The point is a fps creator type of a game for the xbox360.And yes I thought about XNA .And I thought about(Yes)without the ability to sell your games.But it's a good idea for a game for the 360.I figured as much there would be a hate for this idea by "FPS Creator Fans"; So Bring it on .
I thought it would bring none PC gamers to the PC world .Kind of leading them/Directing them to the light.Showing that console games are limited to what a PC can do .I first played "Timesplitters" level/editor series and found that I was limited to what I can do. Then I went to the PC for tools for game design and found "thegamecreators" FPS Creator and other software from them.And went from there !
So a person that does not know about "FPS Creator" , or other software by "theGamecreators" that only plays console games would purchase a "FPS Creator type of game "for the xbox360 would get turned on into Game Developing and want to reach out and buy a more advance way of game Design ; they turn to the PC.......
That is the point I am trying to make.Play a basic creator "(xbox360)" and move up the plate for a more advance creator "(PC)". It would lead more Gamers to game Development .
But I guess "FPS Creator" fans would not want that!!! Which is more fans and more competition to better them selves .That is the negative response that I'm getting here so far in this forum .

Sorry for having a good idea and having a open mind on this subject.I don't want to offend my fellow "Game Developers" and "thegamecreators" community . I guess I should turn to XNA ,But I rather "thegamecreators" do this.They are much more experienced than me and would do a better job ,unless my fellow gamers can achieve this ; please do .I'm new to the "Game Development seen" ,you see................
Take Care

IOLO1984@Myspace.com
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2007 20:48
You do know this has bein asked before do you?and all that guy got whas flames...and no one agreed with him as i remember

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2007 20:50
Quote: " I guess I should turn to XNA ,But I rather "thegamecreators" do this"

Like xplosys said if you want to port all of this over to XNA it is certainly possible.
TGC isn't going to do this.FPSC is made with Dark Basic Pro and XNA doesn't run DBP.It would not make sense for TGC to do something like this where they could not use their flagship product.
Now if you want to do like xplosys said and do it yourself that is fine.I think if you wanted to use XNA it would be easier to use XNA's programming language to build your game but that's just me.

IOLO1984
Years of Service
User Offline
I'll look into the XNA.Thank you "Fredp" for the advice .And to "Prince of Darkness",here is a quote to you ; "That which does not kill us , makes us stronger."

take care

Ps,"Master of Puppets " is a good album.......now how about the new Saxon album coming out ?

IOLO1984@Myspace.com
RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2007 22:58
Quote: "Sorry for having a good idea "

And I highly already posted one. It's not a bad idea at all. Actually that would be the tightest thing ever. But TGC is never going to do that.

Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2007 23:15
That what i dont kill becomes weaker

Its a BAD idea in my opinion,it would mean there is focused on another version of FPSC again,and then 3 are devlopped...and V1 isnt very much updated yet to what people would like to see...

let them update it first,then make something else.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 05:26:48
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 05:26:48