Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Bored of the rings' query, moved out of stickied thread

Author
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2007 20:09
Quote: "Hi Apex,

I recently bought the DarkGDK .net and have Visual c++ .net 2003, but have tried to follow the example program (spinning cube) without success as Module1.vb doesn't exist, so made my own .vb file and called it Module1.vb. I managed to copy the template file AssemblyInfo.vb from the sample program, but when I try to go to project->properties->, there is no 'Common properties' displayed and therefore cannot modify the startup object as suggested. The Help file does not seem to be very helpful in getting started.

Do you have any ideas what I am doing wrong?

Cheers
Mike "

I will sort this out Mike, but for now I've just moved your original post as it was not appropriate in that thread.

Paul.

APEXnow
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2007 01:57
I really don't understand why you're having difficulty with this tutorial. I've booted up Visual Studio 2003, and followed the tutorial without any difficulties. Are you definately creating a new Console application under Visual Basic templates as stated by the tutorial? This alone creates a basic project with the module1.vb file.

Paul.

James Bondo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2007 03:15
Quote: "...I recently bought the DarkGDK .net and have Visual c++ .net 2003..."

Quote: "...Module1.vb doesn't exist, so made my own .vb file and called it Module1.vb..."

I dont use C++ myself, but im pretty sure C++ doesnt use vb files.
Just pointing out incase this is just a matter of confusion.

Cheers

Using Dark GDK.NET
CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2007 12:38
I was thinking that as well

London 7/7/05 = 1 in 10^38 Alex Jones: Terror Storm
Ron Paul '08
APEXnow
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2007 12:54
I didn't pick up on that, I just assumed he meant Visual Studio 2003.

Paul.

Bored of the Rings
User Banned
Posted: 25th Feb 2007 17:45 Edited at: 25th Feb 2007 18:01
Hi Apex,

The software I use is Visual Studio .net 2003 (on the box it says Visual c++ .net 2003 Standard). When I create a new console application both the module1.vb and AssemblyInfo.vb are not created. Also in the help file it says to rename the module1.vb file which when I right click on the file does not allow me to rename but I can do a 'Save as'. The part I got stuck on is point 15 of the tutorial where it asks to change module1 to SpinningCube under 'Project Properties'. For some reason I am not able to see 'Common Properties' where I need to change the startup object name. I have tried looking everywhere and am unable to locate this option anywhere. Hope you can help. If not I will have to revert back to using just the DarkGDK.

Kind regards
Mike
APEXnow
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2007 18:00
Quote: "Does .GDK net not work with Visual c++ 2003?"

DarkGDK.NET is used for Visual Basic.NET and C#.NET. If you're wanting to use C++, it would be better to use the DarkGDK (C++) version instead. Remember that TGC sell not only DarkGDK.NET, but they also sell DarkGDK (C++) as well.

Paul.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 23:13:48
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 23:13:48