Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Does No Dynamic Objects in MP Mean NO FPI's?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
The tutorial says that all dynamic objects are set to static in multiplayer games- does this mean that you can't create a script for say flickering lights, or to play a sound when you enter a zone, etc..??

Also- in multiplayer can you at least have animated objects like a rotating fan or glowing orb or something - or is EVERYTHING just sitting there with no scripts/animations etc..?
tyrano man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2007 13:41 Edited at: 25th Feb 2007 13:42
Everything is static in MP, and you can't have flak objects.

MP was just a gimic thrown in at the end to make it sell better.

Woot Kingdom hearts owns!
XVR
Years of Service
User Offline
But can you have scripts such as making water have a ripple effect by changing the texture image every second etc.?

What is this form's definition of flak?
XVR
Years of Service
User Offline
But can you have scripts such as making water have a ripple effect by changing the texture image every second etc.?
Slayer Simon
Years of Service
User Offline
No you can't.

I have heard something about putting all the dynamic things in while the map is set to single player and then switching it to multiplayer before building the game. I have never tried this so I can't tell you if it's true or not.

A flak weapon is any grenade or rocket weapon.
MP doesn't support this because it is on welfare and isn't really designed that well.

I'm hoping this will change though, there is no reason why two people would want to have a deathmatch with ordinary bullet weapons and a static level when they could just hop on unreal tournament 2004 and play with hundreds of features FPSC doesn't support as well as AI bots.

I think multiplayer would be much more successful if people used it to build cooperative mission style games.

Just my opinion...
Candle_
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2007 07:14
Quote: "A flak weapon is any grenade or rocket weapon.
MP doesn't support this because it is on welfare and isn't really designed that well."

rotflmao.....................

MY FPSC FILES
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2007 08:05
Quote: "But can you have scripts such as making water have a ripple effect by changing the texture image every second etc.? "

This is the second time you have posted this and it's wrong.
If you want moving water you have to make it a decal.
FPSC does not support animated textures.
FPSC checks for textures while it building the game/test level and then that is it.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 05:26:46
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 05:26:46