Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / DGDK.NET + VB Express

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2007 08:26
With kind permission of Alistair Stewart, author of "Hands On DarkBASIC Pro", I have used his "Terrain" game as a basis for a test program demonstrating DBP running in a fully-fledged Windows GUI created with VB Express (I wanted to concentrate on coding techniques, not game design). Everything works exactly as I wanted it to do, and the program demonstrates one or two not-so-obvious tricks.
I am willing to make it available for download as some people may find it interesting but I need TGC's permission as the water and rock textures belong to them. Where can I ask for this permission?
Thierry
Lost in Thought
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2007 09:40
I always email RickV for permission of such things, though you could theoretically use the support page to send an enquiry.

CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2007 12:36
You can most likely use the media without explicit permission as long as youre not selling it, and also since youre using it to demosnstrate code to this community and nothing else I would venture a guess and say that its not a problem. But like you said, if you can easily check with them first, then do so.

London 7/7/05 = 1 in 10^38 Alex Jones: Terror Storm
Ron Paul '08

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 23:17:58
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 23:17:58