Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / dbLimbName issue.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2007 05:55 Edited at: 26th Feb 2007 06:03
I'm converting some code from the IncaPro demo over to C++ for the GDK, and I used dbLimbName. When I went to compile, the compiler informed me that dbLimbName doesn't take 2 arguments. According to the DarkGDK documentation, the prototype for dbLimbName is

and so I'm calling it like so:

However, the prototype, according to DarkSDKBasic3D.h, is:

So my question is, is this a problem of the documentation being out of date, or the prototype? Do I need to call it somewhat like this:

Or can I remove the DWORD var from the prototype, and will it function properly?

Thanks.
APEXnow
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2007 10:43
Still use the return value for your string, but just pass NULL or 0 as the argument for the OldString.

Paul.

Guldan the Warlock
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2007 16:27
Thanks Paul, that's fixed it.
Miguel Melo
Years of Service
User Offline
Guldan, are you going to make the dgdk c++ port of IncaDemo available to other people?

I have vague plans for World Domination
Guldan the Warlock
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2007 14:40
Well I wasn't intending to port the entire demo, I was using some of the world loading code for the game I'm working on, for an easier way for me to load maps, handle entities, etc.

But, that's not a bad idea. I may see what I can do about porting the entire demo. Wouldn't be that hard. I'll go over all the code a bit more after I get home from work and let you guys know about it.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-06-29 04:13:31
Your offset time is: 2024-06-29 04:13:31