Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Questions about FPS creator capabilties....

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2007 00:20
ive had a lot of experience with code and programming over the years, but i got out of it until recently when i found this FPS creator.

i like how everything is "click and drag", instead of spending hours programming one little effect, but i had a few questions before i buy:

1) can you change the weather...to reflect night/day and rain/sun?

2) can you place timers on things? like if a certain amount of time goes by you lose ___ life, etc.

3) how hard is it to use another program to make your own objects? it seems like the FPS creator is limited to sci-fi stuff, but i had other ideas and wanted to see if i can make some of my own objects.

thanks for all the help!
-kam
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 27th Feb 2007 04:36
1) Yes, pretty much by the use of lighting and sky boxes.
2) There is currently one timer only and it is shared, therfore short events work better than long (entire level timer) events.
3) Sci-Fi and WWII media is included, but if you have some modeling skills you can create your own. There is also a wealth of free media available here in the forum.

Welcome to the forum and the frustraing world of FPSC.

I'm sorry, my answers are limited. You must ask the right question.

Silent Thunder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2007 05:42
welcome!!!

Quote: "Welcome to the forum and the frustraing world of FPSC."

haha, agreed.

Click on the picture to order your copy today!
Kameron
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2007 08:37 Edited at: 27th Feb 2007 22:13
is there any other "drag & drop" game making software that would fit my needs better? ive come up with an idea for a game that will change all games, but i need the timer and i need to be able to make one [mod edit] of a world.

thanks for the speedy replies!
Kameron
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2007 09:35
and also i was wondering if there are ANY terrain editors that work with FPSC? such as geoscape3d or anything where i can make a land and import it?

thanks again!
Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2007 11:42
I'd take a look in the Showcase forum, you'll see what can be done in there. There are some pretty amazing games and WIP *cough* HellHouse *cough*

Kameron
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2007 17:20
thanks buddy
Kameron
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2007 17:29
so no one can answer my last post couple posts? i have put off buying FPSC, because i dont think it can make the game im thinking of. unless low-level programming is needed, then i can do that just fine.

its mainly the minutly timer and terrain. everything else i have resolved.
tyrano man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2007 21:21 Edited at: 27th Feb 2007 22:14
The Timer isn't that great, but you can use triggers and such to make it all fit together well.

Quote: "i need to be able to make one [mod edit] of a world."

Then don't get FPSC. FPSC is not designed for outdoor areas and will take any chance to lag.

Terrian is very, very time consuming; and very difficult to get collision right.

I guess your ganna make some kind of free-roaming game (maybe an RPG?), so I would suggest DBPro.

Woot Kingdom hearts owns!
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2007 21:23
I think you need to learn a coding language Kameron...as well.they way you want it its better you make it yourself 100%

Kameron
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2007 04:04
i had the oringinal dark basic years ago and got into that for a while. then other stuff happened and i got away from computers for a while.

i just remeber how complicated using DB was, so im sure DBpro is going to be the same kind of complicated text writing.

is there anywhere i can get a barebone system setup with some code and collsions already written?

and yes, im trying to make a free roaming game, but not an rpg.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 05:32:27
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 05:32:27