Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Can anyone help me out with setting up a vehicle with rear steer. I just want to set up the vehicle so if the front tires turn to the left the rear tires will turn to the right. Is this possible?

Thanks.
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2007 14:09
I think it would have to be a manual set-up, the vehicle commands won't do it.

x_THOR_x
Years of Service
User Offline
When you say MANUAL do you mean as in steer the rear tires with the keyboard keys? If so, that would be fine.
Codger
Years of Service
User Offline
I have never used the vehicle commands except to try the demos but... would not going backwards or in reverse do this?
You would of course have to modify the model appropriately and modify the keys to operate the vehicle i.s. up arrow would be reverse rather than forward etc.

System
PIV 2.8 MZ 512 Mem
FX 5600 256 mem
x_THOR_x
Years of Service
User Offline
I am trying to mod the codes that came with the demo "Vehicle Arena". But all I can do is get the tires to turn faster and turn more than a 45' angle. What I am trying to do is, if I am going forward with the up arrow the model will go straight but if I hit the right arrow key I want the front tires to turn to the right and the rear tires to turn to the left.

// front
\\ rear

If I can set it up so the rear steer runs on 2 different keys that would be fine to. Use the arrows to control the front wheels and maybe use the Z key to turn the rear wheels to the left and the X key to turn the rear wheels to the right.

(Just like a monster truck does)
General Reed
Years of Service
User Offline
The vehcicle commands are not flexible atall, so you will need to manualy create it. Ie attach four joints to the frame of the car(for the four wheels) and so on.

Beware, Killing chavs is not a crime, but is the only way to cure the earth
Vist www.scratchyrice-dev.co.uk

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 23:36:22
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 23:36:22