Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / First time buyer/user... A few questions...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Well I just recently found out about FPSC through an online ad, and it just so happens that I was thinking yeserday about some great game ideas and wishing that people would make them :p

In any case, here are my questions:

1. How hard/easy is using FPSC provided that I have no scripting experience?

2. How's the manual that comes with it? Should I find another one?

3. How big can the levels get? I read in the FAQ that it was something like 40x40x20 or something but I have no idea what that means...(it would be nice if you could provide a screenshot of the max size, but with some kind of reference point so I can tell how big it is)

4. Can I have multiple trigger points and enemy AI characters, as well as friendly AI? How about a trigger point that makes my allies do something?

5. Is there some website/database specifically for FPSC where people go to upload their games and share them with the world?

6. Anything else I should know before considering buying this program?
RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2007 04:57
Download the demo.

JoeBlaze
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2007 06:13
Hey Frag,

Here's the rundown for you:
1) You don't really need scripting experience there are quite a few scripts that come with it (although the scripting is fairly simple).
2)The manual is decent to start with, but checking these forums is the quickest way to find your answers (and examples).
3)40 blocks by 40 blocks by 20 levels (a block is about 5 feet?)
4)Yes to all (trigger are great and easy to use)
5)The Game Creaters site has pretty much everything you need, plus links to other sites and references.
6)Check out the available model packs. You can also create your own models and textures (in other software) and bring them into your game. I'm fairly new to FPSC, but read all the documentation and got all my other questions answered just by searching the forums
(I hadn't had to actually post a question yet). I actually coming up with some pretty wild stuff. Check out the videos on YouTube for the demo videos.

Hope That Helps
Thraxas
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2007 06:17
1. How hard/easy is using FPSC provided that I have no scripting experience?

It's very easy to use... If you go into the scripts forum you can find numerous scripts made by other users...

2. How's the manual that comes with it? Should I find another one?

The manual is fine... it explains almost everything... The problem is 99.9% of new users don't look at... The manual, Nickydude's guide and searching the forum will definitely give you the answer to any question you might want answered...

3. How big can the levels get? I read in the FAQ that it was something like 40x40x20 or something but I have no idea what that means...(it would be nice if you could provide a screenshot of the max size, but with some kind of reference point so I can tell how big it is)

Downloading the demo would explain this better than I can...

Quote: "4. Can I have multiple trigger points and enemy AI characters, as well as friendly AI? How about a trigger point that makes my allies do something?"

Yes you can have multiple trigger points and enemy AI characters... If you search the forum you will find some attempts at friendly AI... (Sensei worked best for me).. Because it doesn't always work as I wanted I have given up on allies for now...

5. Is there some website/database specifically for FPSC where people go to upload their games and share them with the world?

I know people upload them here or link to them from here....

6. Anything else I should know before considering buying this program?

You should download the demo and play around with it for a bit... I played with it for a night and decided to buy it...

Frag Monkey
Years of Service
User Offline
Alright thanks for all the helpful info

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 05:28:10
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 05:28:10