Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Problem with voices

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2007 21:45
I Have finally bought a mic and I have made my voices, But it doesnt come up when i test my game.

Please help

~FPSKid
Credz_42
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2007 22:31 Edited at: 27th Feb 2007 22:41
is this for a player sound set or for a sound zone

Fiberfrag
Years of Service
User Offline
Make sure they are .wav files...

Fiberfrag

spex_guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2007 01:30 Edited at: 28th Feb 2007 01:32
You might want to check the bit mixing for the songs. If your default is 32-bit, then you might want to take it down to 8-bit. FPSC is not equipped to handle the quality of sound that a 32-bit song can produce. Not always you can choose the right bit mixing. 16-bit FPSC won't handle either. In a way, Fiberfrag is right. More compressed sound formats can change the fact of whether it will play or not. If you still have troubles playing music, then you could change it's file type. .ogg, a very compressed file type, will cramp everything down. Saving a song in .wav format will be 3 times the size of something that's in .ogg.

Whatever sound program your using, make sure you have the device order correct. Put you mic as the first slot in recording and playback, and if you use this put it as the first slot in MIDI recording and playback.

If you want to, make sure your volume is turned up. Sort of stupid, but it happened to me!

If that does not work, test. Put generic floors down and place a wall to the side, at one point in the floors. Place a sound zone just beyond the wall and make the sound zone's main AI as soundloopinzone.fpi. And in the soundset, place the stuff you want. Place the plr start zone at one point in the floors [should be in beyond the sound zone]. Test. Position yourself just to the side of the wall and jump back and forth from where you started out, to where the sound zone starts. If you didn't hear anything, something is wrong with the file.

If that's the case, it's now your job to debug the file.

Regards,
spex

Go here!
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=94201&b=19
Makes the sense of my location!
Attila
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Here is free sound recorder which allows to adjust the settings

http://biphome.spray.se/baxtrom/soliton.htm
FPS Kid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2007 20:05
I Use the Sound Recorder you get with windows, I Mean for Player voices and my volume is on full!
Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2007 20:11
@Fiberfrag- hey man you might want to remove the bands from your sigs and from your game, I know you have not licensed those songs...and the record industry does not play around with infringment..a song costs roughly 20 cents a song per unit sold. and most companies want a contract for 5000 units.......

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 05:32:57
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 05:32:57