Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Possibly a Memory Leak

Author
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: AGK is my friend
Posted: 28th Feb 2007 00:36
I have a Menu program that executes the game program. Both work but when the Menu program calls the Execute command and the game program loads I am greated with a blue screen it seems no objects or terrain is visible but the sprites are.

If i go to my options menu first and then execute the program the game program works fine. So i have supplied some of the source.

At First i thought that the program wasnt closing and opening the Options text file correct but that dont appear to be the problem having tested it.

The Code for Loading the Game Program is below and you will note it passes a parameter known as continent this parameter is working.

The Option code in the Menu Program that makes it work is

And I have Provided the Load options code that is called in the Menu program to show how im loading the Options just off of interest. The Load options Code in the Game program is quite similar but doesnt have bitmaps associated in there as well as these are only for display in the Menu Program.

This is a peculiar bug and just to show the pecularity if i compile in video Studio and run from there it seems to be fine and only does it from the standalone exe's and to make it real hard debugging a fresh reboot is when you find the problem.

fubar
fubarpk
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: AGK is my friend
Posted: 28th Feb 2007 23:45
The above code was noted from the january beta release 2007 but feburary beta release and compiling as a Multi-threaded DLL seems to have fixed that problem so maybe it was a compiler option strange anyhow

fubar

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 23:14:29
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 23:14:29