Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DLL Talk / STYX intervals problem

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2007 00:39
Hi,
Am having a problem with intervals. I register my interval function, which basically stops the movement of some dark physics billiard balls.
It works great if called with the "count" argument set to one, and it only executes that one and only time, ignoring subsequent calls. Same if I call it 2 or more. When it reaches the end, it just never works again.

If the count parameter is set to zero, I can call it any number of times and it works fine,(I stop it after every call, as in the example) but when the program ends, it shows a small message box without any text (just a red error X) and when clicking it to acknowledge, it shows a runtime error 216 at some hex address. Guess the timer still works even though any other item has been removed from memory, and it crashes.
So far, the problem is only when the program ends.

I guess that if somehow it can be "destroyed" before ending the problem that won't happen.

In Delphi, you can start a timer and make it stop any number of times, and this should work alike.

Thanks

May the 3d force B with U
JDforce
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2007 21:29
OK. Solved. I used the ticker functions from Matrix Plugins and discarded the Stix intervals, and now the program is working as it should. Anyway TGC, it would be a good idea to revise the Stix interval function, which definitely have a bug there.

IanM, great plugins.

May the 3d force B with U
empty
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Mar 2007 13:44
I can't reproduce it in v1.10 so it's probably fixed.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-06-16 07:28:52
Your offset time is: 2024-06-16 07:28:52