Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Bug Reports / U6.5 Direct3D bug. Compiles but doesn't run anything with 3D.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2007 09:32
Problem:

After a clean install from CD and installing only the U6.5 update, the following simple code only compiles, but does not run.

It generates the following error messages for me:

Message 1:
dbp_program: dbp_program.exe - Unable To Locate Component

This application has failed to start because d3dx9_32.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.

Message 2:
Error

Failed to load DLL (1BProCameraDebug.dll)

Notes:
- I have changed nothing since re-installing DBPro from CD.
- No tweaks to setup.ini.
- All my old 3D DarkBASIC .exes work fine.

http://www.murkymedia.com
Rus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2007 11:04
Installing the Feb 2007 DirectX 9.0c Redist. (directx_feb2007_redist) seems to have solved the problem.

Anyone know what the reason for this is?

http://www.murkymedia.com
Olby
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2007 13:36 Edited at: 3rd Mar 2007 13:38
Yes it is shame, I yesterday bought Enhanced Animations plugin and was unable to run anything because it always spit out Could not Load DBProCameraDebug.dll or something like this.

In u64 Lee told us they moved back from Dec to Directx9.0c October 2006 redist. release, what happend again?

AMD Sempron 3.1+ Ghz, 512MB Ram, ATI R9550 256MB Ram, Sound Blaster Live!, WinXP SP2, DirectX 9.0c, DBPro 6.5
http://www.myspace.com/producerolby
Green Gandalf
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Malevolence:Sword of Ahkranox, Skyrim, Civ6.
Posted: 3rd Mar 2007 23:20
Quote: "what happend again?"

Nothing probably.

As explained in another post somewhere, the later DX9 versions still support the earlier versions, so the Feb 2007 version should be OK (and I'm using the December version without any problems that can't be attributed to something else ).

Quote: "Anyone know what the reason for this is?"

Not really - but the present policy seems to be to require a recent version of the
Quote: "DirectX 9.0c Redist"
- and the relevant date tends to change with each upgrade. As long as you stay up-to-date with DX9 you should be OK. This change in policy happened sometime in the last year or so I think. I live with it - but don't really understand it.
spooky
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2007 18:51
These DirectX problems with recent upgrades are getting a bit of a joke and is causing too much confusion for everyone.

With update 6.4 the release note claims:

Quote: "
Reverted DBPro DLLs to DirectX October 2006 - for better backwards compatibility
"

Now many sites, including this one:

http://www.toymaker.info/Games/html/d3dx_dlls.html

list the dll numbers that get installed by DirectX for the different 9.0c releases.

In short:

d3dx9_32.dll = installed as part of December 2006 release of 9.0c
d3dx9_31.dll = installed as part of October 2006 releases of 9.0c
d3dx9_30.dll = installed as part of April 2006 release of 9.0c

February 2007 release stuck with _32 file.

So from what TGC tell us, DBPro should work with dlls up to _31 and not require December 2006 release with the _32 files.

Not the end of the world as most people can just update 6.0c to latest release and everything should work, but I just wish TGC would sort things out properly.

Boo!
Ron Erickson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2007 22:29
I actually came across this problem (and the site posted above) a couple of days ago. Really, it is a Microsoft issue that stems from using the current version of directX. Here is the info from the site posted above:

Quote: "Direct3D D3DX DLLs
There have been issues with DirectX since the February 2005 update relating to the D3DX dll library files. You can no longer distributes apps without the DirectX runtime and expect them to work.

Windows XP users who keep their machines up to date should all have DirectX 9.0c installed but not the D3DX dlls so will get errors about missing d3dx9_24.dll, d3dx9_25.dll, d3dx9_26.dll, d3dx9_27.dll, d3dx9_28.dll, d3dx9_29.dll,d3dx9_30.dll,d3dx9_31.dll and d3dx9_32.dll. In addition XINPUT dlls may be missing (this is the Xbox controller system). Unfortunately the end user is not automatically downloading the new dlls. The best solution is to distribute the DirectX runtime with your app. however if you are providing your app. as a download this could increase its size. From the June 2005 release Microsoft solved these problems somewhat by allowing the developer to create a minimal installer that just updates the D3DX dll. You could also of course just include the dll. although this is against the agreement (EULA). Another solution is to forward users to the Microsoft DirectX end user runtime download "

In short, the best thing that you can do is keep your DirectX up to date.

spooky
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2007 23:20
Yes, MS is mostly to blame because of silly numbering system, but TGC are also to blame for changing their mind every time they produce an update. They said for 6.4 they would compile everything so that only October 2006 (_31) version is required for 'backward' compatibility, but then screwed up a couple of the DBPro dll's that require the December 2006 files (_32)

This has happened a couple of times over last couple of updates and has caused a lot of users a lot of hassle.

Yes, it is easy just to point everyone to DirectX page on microsoft.com and get everyone to update to latest version, but it shouldn't be necessary as TGC keeps saying that only October 2006 version is needed.

So for everyone that is still struggling with these silly dll errors, just pop over to this link and upgrade. Current version is Feb 2007.

http://www.microsoft.com/directx

Boo!
destroy89
Years of Service
User Offline
I have Vista Ultimate and it comes with direct X 10, but when I try to compile and run, it comes up with this "DirectX Error", "DirectX 9.0 installed (589824). Requires DirectX 9.0C (December 2005) or later. I can't run any directx installers as it tells me that there was an error during the install which it puts in the log files. The log files say that I already have a more recent version. Is this DirectX's (Microsoft's) fault, or the game creators? Something is checking the direct x version incorrectly. What can I do?

Well, it turns out I can use DBpro 5.9 on Vista. I figured it out because my xp machine is still using that version and it created exes that work on my vista box. This still sucks. When can I upgrade my version of DBPro?
destroy89
Years of Service
User Offline
Turned out that the dark basic pro code editor needs to run in admin mode. Right click on the shortcut and say "run as administrator". You can also change it to always run that way in properties of the shortcut. Shortcut tab. Advanced. "run as administrator"
destroy89
Years of Service
User Offline
I take it back. 6.6b works under my upgraded vista box, but not the vista ultimate clean install i have. On the clean install I have to use 5.9. I think that the upgraded one has the dlls from the windows xp install.

So now I have two options:
wait for the direct x 10 version of dark basic pro (is that in the works?)

or keep trying. Specifically, I think I might try to copy the dlls from the upgraded vista install.
destroy89
Years of Service
User Offline
These DLLs worked! I copied the dlls from my upgraded vista to the vista clean install and dark basic works fine now! Version 5.9, 6.0, and the latest, 6.6b!!

Still can't wait for the dx10 dark basic.

Attachments

Login to view attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 12:01:30
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 12:01:30