Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DLL Talk / Problem with dll

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2007 23:59
As from only a couple of days ago I have been having problems with a dll.

When I compile and run my programmes I am presented with an error message window that tells me the DBProImageDebug.dll cannot be loaded. I have checked the Compiler/Plugins folder for this dll and it does exist along with all the other dlls. Despite the fact that it does not appear to have been corrupted, I temporarily renamed it to something else and ran the DBProUpgrade_64.exe again in repair mode; this replaced the DBProImageDebug.dll but I am still getting the error message to say it can't be loaded.

The only change I have made recently is to add the Styx extension, but this problem did not begin immediately after this installation.

Can anyone give me a clue as to what has gone wrong?
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Mar 2007 18:45
The plug-in you are using doesn't force the compiler to include the image dll in the final executable. Just add a single image command to your code and the compiler will do this for you - you don't actually have to run the command, it just has to be in your code.

Coin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Mar 2007 20:56
My code already contains dozens of "get image" and "paste image" commands. Despite this I added a new redundant one and it made no difference.

Upon impulse, I created the following two-line programme:

Print "help"
Wait key

...which worked fine. Unfortunately, my programmes have to be longer than this!
jinzai
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Mar 2007 04:26
My graphics card is lame, and sometimes I forget to delete things. One of the worst features in DBPro to me is that it will delete many resources for you. I don't think this applies to texture memory on your video card, however. Another one that has tripped me up before is cloned sounds...apparently those need to be manually deleted, too. Anyway, I got that message once and found that I had not deleted a large image used to texture an object. Once I did that, it worked fine. I have not attempted to duplicate it, however. Sorry.
Freddix
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Mar 2007 19:22
you maybe use eXtends plugin and does not include any commands from the DBProImageDebug.dll
If it's the case, you may take a look in the eXtends HELP about Dependencies and which eXtends command set need which DarkBASIC Professional DLL to be included.

Gandalf said: "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"
Odyssey-Creators - X-Quad Editor - 3DMapEditor
Coin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Mar 2007 01:46
Thanks for the replies. I would like to add here that the dll error occurrence has spread to some programmes written or last edited before this problem started happening. Ie, programmes that once compiled and ran correctly no longer do so without my having touched them.

jinzai - None of my programmes use an image for texturing and the current one has no sounds yet. One programme that now fails to compile and run has no images at all.

Freddix - I do not have the eXtends plugin. Actually, I have never heard of it. What I have noticed is that some commands in the newly installed Styx extension duplicate commands that I had already in previously installed extensions. Might this cause a problem?

Again, thanks for the help.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-06-16 07:25:05
Your offset time is: 2024-06-16 07:25:05