Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Beta testing E-Volution

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2003 18:33
Hi,

Just to let you know we're currently beta testing our character creating and animating app "E-Volution".

If anyone would like to test our current beta version it can be found at: http://evolution.successionthebetrayal.com/

Any feedback would be welcome.

Cheers,

Glenn Carter
GC
http://www.eclipsedevelopment.co.uk/
Succession: The Betrayal developer
GCEclipse
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2003 18:36
One thing the current version may not run well on ATI cards becasue of the ATI bug. We'll release an update as soon as there is a patch for Dark Basic Professional.

GC
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2003 20:20
you can't use the name "E-Volution", Virgin already have a copyright to it for "E-Volution 4x4" and i think it is Miranda Games which has a copyright to Evolution as a game title. Eitherway you can use them.

does look interesting though

Within the Epic battle of the fates the Shadow and the Angel will meet. With it will harbinger the very fight of good vs evil!
Andy Igoe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2003 01:40 Edited at: 11th May 2003 01:42
I'm sorry but you cannot use an English language word they are all already trademarked. *hehe* sounds like i'm joking doesn' it...

This is one of those tools that's going to be minority interest, but extremely handy to those who it does help - therefor it really needs a more permanent presence like VSD Tracker has... where'a our gallery Rich ?

I'm a bit engrosed at the moment to have a play, but i'll come and grab it next time I do some limb animations G, then let you know

Oh btw I just downloaded your particle configuration thingamy jig - didn't suite my needs though - i'm working on a snow effect...

Pneumatic Dryll
hexGEAR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2003 06:40 Edited at: 11th May 2003 06:41
"I'm sorry but you cannot use an English language word they are all already trademarked"

it may sound funny now but i bet ya sometime in the future nearly all english words would be copyrighted! if not all then the reasonable or obvious words would be anyways!

nice stuff GC can't try out the Beta though 'cus i ain't got DX9, any change this stuff works with DX8, or i'll go and download it from the microsoft site right now this is a very interesting program, i've always wanted to make one, i guess now i have a template. what are you gonna do about the texture? you gonna like have seperate textures for each limb or leaver the re-texturing of the entire object to the user? yeah and have u got msn or yahoo? i need to discuss something with u!

everyday of life is a new chapter that has already been fortold but is up to the soul to capture.
GCEclipse
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2003 13:12
Sure Hexgear, I'm on glenncarter84@hotmail.com - contact me anytime I'm online.

DX9: It does work with DX8 but I put that in so I don't have to change it when DBPRO goes DX9.

The name: I'll have to check out what names are copywrited. In the worst case if I have to change it I think I'll just go for adding an X to the end or something like that...

Textures: Yeh at the moment the texturing is a bit limited. I'm going to be adding a more full texture support. I think a material editor with the ability to change color, diffuse color, textures and other stuff that the X format supports on export with some kind of way to have a library of materials in the program you can just drop into a limb will be the way to go but I'm still thinking it out.

Gallery: I agree PD, I think some sort of DBPro gallery would be very useful indeed.

Particle thingamy: What did you think of the program anyway, PD? I think it should be possible to create a snow effect in it. I see if I can produce a nice one and send you the settings I used, if you like?

Ideas to future functions: I thought I'd mention the other things I have in my mind for this program.

A limb modeller - a fully featured vertex modeller for creating new limbs and amending existing limbs.

A limb library - some way to store meshes for use and then just drop them in when you need them.

Drag and Drop support for setting parents - Just drag a child limb to another limb and it becomes the child of that limb.

A normal based lightmapper - a simple one you just define where a models is lit from an it will shade accordingly,

A material editor and library - As I said.

UV unwrapping - Very useful for doing your textures elsewhere to be dropped in.

Thats all I had thought of for now that I could think of ways of doing - if anyone else has any suggestions I'd like to hear them.

GC
Andy Igoe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2003 14:44
Most importantly of all G you need mesh deformation using bone based animation. If for no other reason than peeps can go around saying 'boner required' on the team requests pages.

The particle editor was quite good but either from useability or feature ommissions I couldn't create a box effect particle, like with make snow particles and I couldn't change the basic particle texture. It would be good for most uses of particles, but I didn't get the effect I wanted.

Pneumatic Dryll

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 00:47:06
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 00:47:06