Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / Enhanced Animation - 1.6 released (9-Feb-09)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2009 16:27
Krisper,
From your line of code, it looks to me like you are trying to pass the Animation ID to the EnAn_oacGetLimbRotX command instead of the OAC ID.

Ron

a.k.a WOLF!
Krisper
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Mar 2009 02:36 Edited at: 16th Mar 2009 02:46
Hi Ron,

You are right. From your help file it said this:-
SYNTAX
AngleX = EnAn_oacGetLimbRotX( AnimID, Limb )

So I thought AnimID was the animation id and not the oacID. When I look at the GDK SYNTAX it is more obvious. I should have known that the oacID was needed.

Thanks.
Ron Erickson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Mar 2009 02:48
Doh! Sorry if the help is wrong!
I HATE writing help files. I'll make a note of that to update it for the next version.

Thanks!

Ron

a.k.a WOLF!
French gui
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2009 19:31
Sorry if it has been asked before but, if I setup an animation then save the object as .dbo, will the animation be exported?
Ron Erickson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2009 20:36
No.
All animations in EnAn that are used/saved are external to the .dbo files.

Ron

a.k.a WOLF!
Krisper
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi Ron,

Sorry to be a pain, I am using a reload animation but I only want my new ammo to be available when the animation has finished running, ie it gets to the last frame of the animation. How can I know when the animation has completed?
Ron Erickson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2009 19:21
Krisper,
You could check to see that the "reload" animation is playing on a limb that is important to the animation and that it is past a certain frame. For a reload animation, I would suggest looking at one of the arm limbs. If the "reload" animation is active on the limb and the current frame for that limb is >= the total frames for that limb in the animation, then you would be able to increase the amount of ammo.

Ron

a.k.a WOLF!
Krisper
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks Ron,

I was trying to use

Frames = EnAn_AnimGetTotalFrames( An_Reload )

to find the total number of frames in the reload animation but it always returns a 0. I know the animation has 58 frames so I can just hardcode 58 in but I would prefer to find the total frames at run time. Is that the wrong command to use?
Ron Erickson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2009 02:35
I'm not sure why that command is returning zero. I'll have to look into that. Instead, you can use the time of the last key of the animation on the limb:

a.k.a WOLF!
Krisper
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks Ron
DarthBasicVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2009 10:32
Hi Ron, can this plug-in could be adapted for FPS Creator ?

Riccardo
Lion Jin
Years of Service
User Offline
I found if I use dbAppendObject to append some objects ,the last frame of the last object will not be extracted using EnAn_ObjExtractAnimation command.
Commander in Chief
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2009 04:47
Hello,

I was wondering if this plugin would let me modify certain limbs' positions. I'm considering getting this, but I need to know if I can modify how high, say, the foot of a model is in an animation. Say that a man is standing with one foot on a street and one foot on a sidewalk. The sidewalk is several inches higher than the road. Can I modify the foot's position through commands so that one foot is on the sidewalk, and one is on the street, without floating? GTA IV is a good example of this. When walking or running on a sidewalk curb, it automatically changes the final position of the feet to be higher/lower depending on what's below it.

Thanks,
~Syn
Ron Erickson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2009 15:24
Commander in Chief,

You can't do anything like that with EnAn. Well, actually, you can adjust the animation as it is playing with the Rotate Limb, Offset Limb commands, but that works with the standard DBpro animation commands too.
What GTA IV uses is called "Euphoria". It is a dynamic animation control system. Instead of making "animations" for your characters, the engine controls your models through behaviors. It is a mixture of animation, AI and physics that allow your models to react to situations.
I'd love to (at some point) work on a generic form of this functionality. Too much on my plate already though!

Ron

a.k.a WOLF!
Commander in Chief
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2009 18:01 Edited at: 1st Jul 2009 18:01
Actually, GTA IV uses Morpheme for modifying animations in real time, but uses euphoria for dynamic motion synthesis, i.e. when you're drunk, flying, pushing people, etc.

One idea could be to have a run animation with higher footsteps (i.e. a stair animation) and to use that on the specific leg, etc.
CuCuMBeR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Aug 2009 14:21
Can you please add a command to "POINT LIMB to some position"?

Or are we already able to do that?

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on.
Alfa x
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2009 19:08
Quote: "Commander in Chief,

You can't do anything like that with EnAn. Well, actually, you can adjust the animation as it is playing with the Rotate Limb, Offset Limb commands, but that works with the standard DBpro animation commands too.
What GTA IV uses is called "Euphoria". It is a dynamic animation control system. Instead of making "animations" for your characters, the engine controls your models through behaviors. It is a mixture of animation, AI and physics that allow your models to react to situations.
I'd love to (at some point) work on a generic form of this functionality. Too much on my plate already though!

Ron
"

I can't imagine how something like that would work. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
Ron Erickson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2009 22:41
Alfa x,
I think the people at Natural Motion are the only people that have something like that working nicely. And it isn't a simple "out-of-the-box" solution. When you buy it from them, you also purchase their services to make it work in your game setting. Simply put, I don't think "pointing you in the right direction" is a simple task.

CuCuMBeR,
That is something that I have always wanted to add. I've taken a few shots at it but have always run into problems. I'll try to take some time to look at it some more in the near future.

Ron

a.k.a WOLF!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 13:29:02
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 13:29:02