Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DLL Talk / Sparky's collision DLL questions

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2007 22:41 Edited at: 10th Mar 2007 22:45
I've been hearing that Sparky's collision DLL is much faster than NGC, so I'm going to try switching my collision over to this. I'm reading through the commands and a few things are sticking out:

People keep saying you can't use ellipse, only spheres. My human characters are not particularly spherical, in fact they appear much like a person. How are others doing collision setup for people? Multiple spheres? I see this complex object and that looks interesting, would that automatically setup a rough collision mesh around my character including head, arms and legs? If so, will it update while animating? I'm using the enhanced animations plugin if that makes any difference. I'm guessing that maybe the complex object is more geared for using as a replacement for poly collision on levels.

terrain collision - does anyone use this for placing their characters onto a terrain? Is it faster than doing a setup using get terrain height?

In NGC, I could setup my collision types to slide and it would automatically give me sliding collision that I could not walk through. In Sparky's, are objects setup to automatically not be capable of passing through eachother or do I say if it collides, move it back sort of thing?

I'm also noticing some slipping...just from a quick play around, so I could be missing something obvious. Using the included sliding demo, if I turn sync off and get it up to around 1400 FPS, I can break out of that room and fall out into the background. Also, if I change the player sphere's collision type to box, the other little spheres that come towards me end up slipping through the box. Am I missing something?
Juso
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Mar 2007 17:43
This (elliptical collision) should be solved in Sparky's dll before most of us can fully use it.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-06-16 08:15:36
Your offset time is: 2024-06-16 08:15:36