Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Latest update, samples won't compile.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Mar 2007 15:46
I loaded up the samples verbatim, tried to compile, got 306 errors and 15 warnings, I had loaded up the project that came default with the install for Dark GDK.

All of which seem to point to duplicate definitions in MSVCRT.lib, now if I set that as one of the ignores for the project, I increase my errors to 423 and 137 warnings.

This is all compiling in Release mode, as per using the instructions for setting up the environment. Setting it to nodefault for libraries takes it back down to 409 errors and 14 warnings.

Will there be a step by step released for the new way the engine works so that us dummies can setup our C++ environment to work with GDK? I can't for the life of me get the samples to work for 2005 at the very least.
Mike Johnson
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Mar 2007 16:25
I can provide a new installer with updated projects. I will also provide more information on the settings required.

As a test I loaded the samples into VS and tried compiling the Sphere Mapping example. This compiles in release mode using the following settings:

C/C++
Code Generation: Multi-threaded (/MT)

Linker
Ignore All Default Libraries: No
Ignore Specific Library: atls.lib
All other settings are blank
Zumwalt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Mar 2007 16:56
Well, I just uninstalled the GDK again, rebooted, re-installed the GDK, double checked my settings, opened the samples.sln in VS2005 and recompiled, this time no errors on compile.

Had to be something in a header file that was being held onto I guess. Installer still says Shareware, I know you are going to get that fixed at some point in the future, thats no big deal. Kudos on the speed of this thing, FPS is insane.
Mike Johnson
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Mar 2007 17:07
Pleased to hear it is compiling now.

Going to rebuild all of the installers at some point and include updated examples, the latest libs and header files and the name changes.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 23:15:26
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 23:15:26