Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / Visual C++ to DBPro command interface library

Author
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2003 13:01
I answered that question Raven

HWND hWnd = GetCore()->hWnd;

Because of the way the library works, it has to hijack the ReceiveCorePtr function for its own purposes, stopping you from getting the core pointer in that way. So I had to provide a function to allow you to get it.
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2003 20:38
yeah i noticed you did when i actually read more than the bottom post hehee
i was kinda just pondering around the forum ...

I pride myself that i don't kill...
well not without a good reason
Eddie Gordo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2003 23:01
um..can this work Bloodshed Dev C++ 5

and i was wondering how it works like is it one of the compiler programs used when constructing the application or am i stupid cause thats not how it works anyway.

In our hearts and minds we keep the powers of love, hope and the hidden powers of evil in which we can mold a hero or daemon of ourselves-Book of Enoch Chapter III
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2003 02:53
I'll investigate for you ... but don't forget that patch 5 is coming out soon (hopefully!) and that *will* take priority.

Of course, if you want to help, the answer may be here: http://www.mingw.org/mingwfaq.shtml under the section 'How can an MSVC program call a MinGW DLL, and vice versa?' - I'll try to sort it out tomorrow night if you don't.
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2003 14:34
Ian it appears the impdef function has a set of functions non-language specific to export from MSVC to GeneralC for the major compilers.

do it'd require setting up the recompile, then an appropriot make file to include the new .def instead of .dll (i think)

dll_to_def( strDLL )

should be what you'd be looking to use after setting the pragma, but i didn't really read enough to see which pragma you need.
after that youc an call using the __declspec

I pride myself that i don't kill... well not without a good reason
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2003 15:24
I've decided to avoid the whole mess - I've been making small changes to the library code to allow gcc to compile the libraries itself for the MINGW version instead of converting the existing Visual Studio ones (not hard - I have to do this sort of stuff at work).

This way, it'll avoid the whole name-mangling/call-convention mess between the two.

I suppose I'll have to install the Dev-C++ compiler now just to work out how everything should hang together to get it to work right (I'm using the Cygwin environment for MINGW).
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2003 16:48
Updated the first post with details of the Update 5 version of the library.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 08:36:03
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 08:36:03