Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Pleaes help!! Want to learn but cant find where!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Mar 2007 04:13
Ok, I have milkshape and used the terrain genereator, but I too make some hills mountais and that kind of stuff for my first game to make it a little outdoorsy. So after using the terrain genereator I need to texture it correct? I hav some desert texture in FPSC I would like to use. How can I do that? And also where can I get new ground textures like the desert? How do I export it and import it into FPSC once done with all this?

One more thing, I downloaded a small skybox pack, but what are they for?
Veron
Years of Service
User Offline
You can get new ground textures just by searching freeware sites on the internet, there's some great one's out there, or you can make your own in Photoshop, or programs like that.

Exporting and importing into FPSC for ground segments, you can use the Segment Creator on the FPS Creator Website, on the following page, http://www.fpscreator.com/downloads.html and download the segment creator from there.

A skybox pack is, basically, a pack of textures to use for your sky! You can make your sky look different, eg, have a night sky, have a sky that's got the setting sun, that has a city on the horizon.

To use skyboxes, extraxt the pack to your skybank directory in FPSC, normally C:\Program Files\The Game Creators\Fps Creator\Files\Skybank

Hope all that helps!

Need web design help with PHP or XHTML? E-mail me!
http://veron.sitesled.com Visit Veron! Free games, programs and applications! Made in DBPRO, FPSC, and C++!
superman22x
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Mar 2007 19:04
How do you change the skyboxes in FPSC? And what would be a good freebie sight for these ground textures, if thats ok to ask, and btw thanks!
Uthink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Mar 2007 19:13
It's okay to ask. But better to search. There's plenty of info in these forums about skyboxes. Happy hunting!
superman22x
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2007 02:05
Yes, I did find rolfys terrain tutorial but it uses 3dsmax not milkshape.
pkburr02
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2007 07:46 Edited at: 15th Mar 2007 07:46
is it a .max or .3ds extention? .3ds is a common type that can be used in most (includeing milkshape) 3d packages. .max is for 3dsmax only file extension.

Stupid people are like Slinkies, it's fun to watch them fall down stairs. And some times you need to give them a push.
superman22x
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2007 23:12
No I mean his tutorial is on creating using 3dsmax.
pkburr02
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Mar 2007 01:08 Edited at: 16th Mar 2007 01:16
Oh sorry i misread it, but it shouldn't be that difficult to figure it out, I've used a few 3dsmax tutorials to learn truespace (modeling concepts are generally the same).

However according to the other uses that posted, they haven't been able to do it with milkshape. Since I don't use milkshape I can't help you there, but I'll try it with truespace and Wings3d in the next few days. And I'll let you know how that goes, Wings3d is a freeware application that's easy to learn (I think anyhow).

Stupid people are like Slinkies, it's fun to watch them fall down stairs. And some times you need to give them a push.
superman22x
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Mar 2007 03:35
K, I'll try it out later. And I'll look into it. I got rolfys uneven terrain pack now too. But the problem is that I already sterted without it and now to go from flat ground to uneven there is a big gap. Or even combining two pieces of uneven ground. Oh well.
MikeB
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2007 22:59
Milkshape is the weirdest modelling program i've ever used .

But it's the easiest for animating an already made character.

E.D.

And the best way to avoid the problem that you posted in your last post is to use walls with doors seperating the segments.

E.D.

EldestDragon

There is no snoop

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 11:23:05
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 11:23:05