Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DLL Talk / (STYX) Can I put image or sprite on top of flash?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Mar 2007 17:44
Hi

I put a flash movie in darkbasic pro with styx. I have an image I need to go on top of it. I know you can set the order of sprites, but can you set the display order of a flash movie and a sprite so the sprite is on top of the flash movie?

Thanks for help.

Dennis The Frogman
www.3dfrog.com
Vidiot
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2007 02:21
I just started out using styx about a month ago but someone explained to me that when you launch a flash file, it is drawn to its own window that happens to appear on top of your apps window. So when it comes to displaying sprites over top of flash, my guess would be "no". I've also noticed the position and size of the flash window are relative to the actual windows desktop size and not to the size of your dbpro screen settings so it can be tricky to get it the exact size and position you want.

Good luck!
dennisb
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2007 04:46
Thanks V

I found a thread that also said that it cant be done so since it was just a close button I needed to add I made a bar across the top and but the close button at the end of it. Not my first choice of solutions but it works. Another way to do it is get tricky with transparencies I guess but I don't have the time to mess around with that for now and it's not my flash movie so I would need the other person to do it being I don't have flash itself. I use a cheaper flash alternative called koolmoves but it isnt importing the swf right for some reason. Any way the bar is fine for now. Thanks.

Dennis The Frogman
www.3dfrog.com

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-06-16 06:32:05
Your offset time is: 2024-06-16 06:32:05