Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Multiplayer Partition to gather peoples opinions

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2007 13:44
This is solely here to get every ones opinions on multiplayer, so Lee can see that people DO want a better multiplayer experience.

1) Please do not hi-jack this thread.
2) Please only state if you think multiplayer should be worked on more and added to.

The Question for people to decide on and for Lee to read up on later:

Should FPSC have more work done on the multiplayer side and have new features added?

Please give your views.
Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2007 14:03
To be honest I think the entire multiplayer system should be rewritten from scratch and Lee should completely steal methods from other commercial games.

Tempest (DBP/DBCe)
Multisync V1 (DBP/DBCe)
pkburr02
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2007 16:25
Naturally I think it should be worked on a little more.

Stupid people are like Slinkies, it's fun to watch them fall down stairs. And some times you need to give them a push.
Deathcow
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2007 17:11 Edited at: 15th Mar 2007 17:11
To be honest I think the multiplay option is not bad for the price that we're paying. Though I would like to see a number of things included, I'm still pretty happy with FPSC for what it can do. I've seen some crap made with FPSC which makes FPSC look poor, but I've also seen some very creative games made from it.

What I would like to see would be:

1. Teams
2. support for closed networks
3. CTF
4. Support to load maps with the engines
5. better browser support, something that could list more than one map

Other than that what Lee is doing at the moment with FPSC multiplayer is starting to work very well.

Dc out

BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2007 17:18
I think adding the objective feild into multiplayer would open up a huge field of opportunities.

I think the next twoimportant features, which are already stated above, are teams and support for more than one map.

Teams would enable games like CTF and Bomb planting, but it would also enable a kindof CO-op game. which leads me to my other suggestion. Dynamic entitys. iknow dynamic entitys are hard since packets are constantly going back and forth, but i think things such as sound zones, hurt zones and win zones should be allowed to stay dynamic.

http://www.seqoiagames.com/seqoiacorp/
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2007 17:19
I personally couldn't care less if FPSC even had a multi player function. I mean it's not like playing multiplayer of some real game where the graphics are outstanding, and there are hit boxes, and friendly fire. I mean FPSC will never garner the level of any of the big engines multiplayer so what's the point.

Seeing TGC work out the bugs so we can create a nice game that doesn't lag, and everything works as it is supposed to, is much more important to me. I just think working on something thats never going to be close to what people would be used to is a waste of time.

So I guess that's a definite 'No'.

Loc
pdidy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2007 17:52 Edited at: 15th Mar 2007 18:00
1 physics
2 teams
3 more players

this is the best thing you could do for fpsc.
more people would use fpsc for this reason alone.
no need for charecters no need for A.I
less scripts, you dont even realy need open area's
with mutiplayer, 16 players on multiplayer is good
32 would be great, even if you sold this as an extra
pack i bet a lot of people would not only buy fpsc
but the pack for it to, and with the planed updates
for fpsc how could you loose. you could even sell a
bot pack.
there is a big diference between comercial mutiplayer
game and what fpsc can do but people will always want
what is natural to be competetive and building there
own ideas there way. not everyone needs flash graphics
its about wining in mutliplayer maps can be complicated
and fun without a lot of the flashy graphics and motion video
that takes up 50% of the game.
Smitho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2007 21:06
To be honest (Ive said this in another thread) I would Love FPSC once again if the MP function was sorted.
My definition of sorted would have to be;

1) Physics being incorparated.
2) Hosting via a dedicated server (So you could have a program that hosts the server for you - you can leave it on, without you being at the PC)
3) Teams. Im sure this would be simple for an experienced team like TGC.
4) Objective field, as Bullshock pointed out.

I think these are fairly simple requests except perhaps the dedicated server thing.

I would use FPSC properly once again - Just my opinion..

Dan

RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2007 21:43
No matter what anyone can say, FPSC needs an MP update. That's the end of the story.

Teams
CTF
More Players
Etc

People can argue about this all they want. But for a few days me and AlanC have been playing each other in MP. We've seen how capable it CAN be. We had a hell of a fun time playing. The only reason some people don't want an update for MP is because they are boring people and don't like to play with others.

AlanC
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2007 21:59 Edited at: 15th Mar 2007 21:59
Darn you Higgins! You be me to it

What FPSC really needs now is a MP update hands down.

Komet
Years of Service
User Offline
Yes, I definately think multiplayer should be worked on more and more features added to it.
pkburr02
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Mar 2007 01:24
I don't know about the rest of you, but when I bought FPSC I didn't have any plans to sell anything I made with it, and I never expected it's graphics to be the greatest. To tell you the truth, I was just hoping for something a little better than Doom2 or Quake, as far as graphics and everything FPSC has that.

I've been playing games forever it seems, and really got away from FPS after it started to get to the point where you needed two hands to play them, I enjoied (and still love) just running around through a level blasting friends, and still use Elite Forces and the origianl Jedi Knight for this purpose, I don't play FPS for their graphics quality myself, I play it because going up against friends is more enjoyable than against a computers AI.

So what FPSC has as of right now is a good start, just a few changes (which i don't think would be difficult) and it should be fine. I'm not talking a physics addition, but teams, and multiple maps are a good idea.

Stupid people are like Slinkies, it's fun to watch them fall down stairs. And some times you need to give them a push.
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Mar 2007 01:35
Two words for ya...team deathmatch.
I would like to see improvements im MP as well

Thraxas
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Mar 2007 01:47
Quote: "Should FPSC have more work done on the multiplayer side and have new features added?
"

I thought the general consensus of the forum users at the moment was that Lee worked on getting all the bugs out before adding new features...

I understand lots of users have problems connecting in multiplayer and Lee is working on this... Let's let Lee fix all the bugs in single player and multiplayer before requesting new features...
Slayer Simon
Years of Service
User Offline
Good point thraxas, but couldn't TGC start work on an upgrade pack? I would buy it. I mean, Lee doesn't have to do it all himself does he?

As for multiplayer I only have one grievance, and that is the "no flak rule". I realise that the reason flak isn't in there is to cut down on lag, but if TGC found a way to make the whole data exchanging process more efficient, then it would work fine.
RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Mar 2007 18:38
This is dropping to the bottom very quickly. Come on people, we all know deep down inside you want an update for multi player.

Marco8
Years of Service
User Offline
I like more maps on multiplayer game, Kicked script, Team DeathMatch, minimap/radar.
Jeremiah
Years of Service
User Offline
Personally I don't get the whole multiplayer thing. I would prefer that more work be focused on adding in features for developing the games. But, thats my opinion and it's probably not worth a bean.
Venge
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Mar 2007 18:46
umm...petition?
Yea, multiplayer sucks right now.

a.k.a. me
formerly known as "i hate you"
Marco8
Years of Service
User Offline
plz dev of fpscreator, make a update for multiplayer script.
RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Mar 2007 19:15
Oh yes, the rights to kick someone would be nice.

Sniper_Uk, number 7 is a great idea, lol.

Tyler- I see you are adding a pregame lobby! Very nice! (you have to say that in a Borat accent, lol)

SpyDaniel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2007 00:15
Dont mess up this thread with crap please, people.
sniper_uk
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2007 10:54 Edited at: 19th Mar 2007 13:42
hey! wheres my post gone lol.

SO MUCH FOR FREE SPEECH!Dont mess up this thread with crap please, people.

yes i agree multiplayer should be worked on more for the following reasons.

1.more than 1 map incorperated into a game.
2.dynamic entities
3.more players than 8
4.co-op,team deathmatches,team capture the base,capture the flag
5.sort out the bugs that already exist
6.give the admin of the game the right to refuse entry into the game or (kicking)as it's fondly known as

at the end of the day we all agree TGC has got to do something about this,we may never produce mp games such as soldier of fortune or day of defeat quality but TGC has ignored us for to long you only have to read the forums to realise that and i've only been a member since feburary.Thanks to Higgins if enough of us make a statment on this they may realise the error of their ways (time will tell) if not,then it's up to each individual to decide whether it's worth carrying on struggling with the resources we have.

one last thing and i'm sorry Higgins for getting on my soap box about this but this may make things clearer.I play mainly online games,if i can produce a good quality mp games and pass them on to other online gamers, doesn't TGC think that there alone is a market to eploit,if their impressed with what we could produce then they may feel the same and buy fps creator for themselves and start producing their own material to pass on,so sort it out sooner TGC rather than later.
Cyborg ART
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2007 20:33
WE NEED MULTIPLAYER!!!
ALL GAMES GOT MULTIPLAYER EXCEPT FOR OUR GAMES!!!

I think TGC should take a great look at Multiplayer.
All great games got multiplayer, CoD2, Battlefield series, CS and so on. Why should not FPSC got MP??

I got a thread in the Sugestion Forum about this.
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=100773&b=26

Visit us at www.freewebs.com/bigvikinggames , you can find our new free games and much more
Mr Makealotofsmoke
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2007 08:44 Edited at: 20th Mar 2007 08:45
physics
dynamic entities
more map support
more modes eg DM,Team DM, CTF, Survival(like css)
hit boxes
stable
options after build game for hosting
admins
easy to make add-ons
more players

that wat i think would be good

sniper_uk
Years of Service
User Offline
guys started a forum today and it must have been a bit tastie as we got a post from Lee bamber and i would like to share it with you,here is what he said.

Hey we haven't forgot about you guys I consider MP a feature that will become more and more important as we move forward. We will be starting a thread soon to discuss future possibilities for our multiplayer goals, including the provision of dedicated game servers to run arena games for more than 4 players. Amongst X10 eye candy and V10X stability, I rate multiplayer quite highly in the FPSC universe. Fear not, FPSC will continue to be improved, and yes, TGC care very much!

with this in mind lets give Lee and the TGC team a chance on this and stop hounding them on this matter.
Komet
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "with this in mind lets give Lee and the TGC team a chance on this and stop hounding them on this matter."

Sounds reasonable sniper_uk, I was happy that Lee updated us with that info.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 07:26:40
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 07:26:40